An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: whirl pool dryer
L1 Hot= Left terminal (Red Wire) ...... L2 Hot= Right side terminal (Black Wire) .......... Netural = Center terminal (White Wire) .................. Ground is Green connect to the cabniet of the unit and remove the connection strap from the center terminal on thje dryer wiring block..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The wiring inside the little compartment is done wrong. The light that stays on is hooked to the power wire instead of to the switch lead. I have seen it before. If you did the install you already know but turn off the power to the unit before opening up the wiring compartment. You might have to do some re-wiring with new wire nuts. Follow the leads and make sure they are going from the switch to each light. This is easier than taking the whole thing down and returning it.
check to make sure you have power back to the junction on the hood,sometimes just resetting the breaker wont do the trick,it may be a wire at the hook-up open now,there may be a fuse protecting the unit itself for the fan control,but the lights are usually wired direct so re-check the incoming power first
it sounds like there is a short in one of the wires going to the fan be carefull not to dig into with power on (breaker) a wire may have come loose and shorted to the housing. look for a black soot mark and fused metal.
The chances are that your range hood light socket was fully impacted with grease from cooking. Shut the power off to the range hood or, in many applications, simply unplug the power cord. Remove the socket. Get a spray can of electrical parts cleaner and saturate the socket through the tiny pin holes you may see at back of socket. shake out all of the cleaner fluid. Somehow hang the socket up with bulb base facing up all night. Hook it up. That might solve the problem.
It worked for me very recently on a 20 year old range hood.
DON'T USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN OFFICIAL ELECTRICAL PARTS CLCEANER. Most hardware stores, etc., have it.