Question about Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
The TV requires several attempts before it will turn on with the button on the set or with the remote. How can I fix it?
The power supply section is having trouble.
Common possibilities are:
- High-voltage section (flyback transformer) has failed
(happens sooner or later, about 8 years typical))
- CRT tube has failed overloading the supply
- Power surge has popped the power input circuit.
(Fuse, rectifier diodes, turn-on relay etc)
- One of a hundred of electrolytic capacitors has failed short overloading the supply. They dry out with age, are cheap to replace, but hard to find which one it is.
- Or any of many other possibilities.
In short, you need a experianced tech to troubleshoot this.
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
Oct 20, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS100 32" TV
Dec 25, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
Dec 14, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36XBR800 36" TV
Aug 25, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-24FS120 24" TV
Jan 09, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KD-36FS130 36" TV
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: