Question about Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
The TV requires several attempts before it will turn on with the button on the set or with the remote. How can I fix it?
The power supply section is having trouble.
Common possibilities are:
- High-voltage section (flyback transformer) has failed
(happens sooner or later, about 8 years typical))
- CRT tube has failed overloading the supply
- Power surge has popped the power input circuit.
(Fuse, rectifier diodes, turn-on relay etc)
- One of a hundred of electrolytic capacitors has failed short overloading the supply. They dry out with age, are cheap to replace, but hard to find which one it is.
- Or any of many other possibilities.
In short, you need a experianced tech to troubleshoot this.
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
Oct 20, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS100 32" TV
Dec 25, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
Dec 14, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36XBR800 36" TV
Aug 25, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-24FS120 24" TV
Jan 09, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KD-36FS130 36" TV
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: