Question about Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Connector is loose I think. If the wire isn't curled a certain way it won't charge. Also, the screen goes completely dark sometimes, but the laptop is still running. If I hold a light to the screen I can see my applications still going.
Well it's the backlight behind the LCD panel which is causing this problem for sure. Also u may need to check the inverter board found behind the LCD panel.
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
The charging problem could be the charger itself or the adapter. To check the adapter wiggle the pin to see if its loose. If its firm it could have a dry joint.
With the power supply you wil have to check the voltage output with a multimeter. The voltage will printed on the black box thats connected to the wires. If the meter registers nothing you will need to possition the wire (curl) the way you used to to check it again. If the power supply voltage registers then its the power supply that has to be changed.
As for the screen going dark that means the backlight is out. This means you will have to remove the inverter (power supply for the backlight). The inverter is located at the bottom of the screen behind the screen bezel (plastic surround) On the inverter there will be a coil with copper wires wound round it. Get a soldering iron and re-solder the points around the coil then reconnect it to see if it works. In 90% of cases this brings the inverter back to life and your screen lights up. The other 10% the inverter or backlight has failed and needs to be replaced.
In all cases this could mean taking the laptop apart and can be quite difficult if you're not savvy with a soldering iron, so my advice would be to either have a friend help you has experience in taking things apart and who can use a soldering iron, or have the laptop serviced by a reputable PC repair store.
Please post back if need anymore advice.
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2014 | Samsung 22" TFT SYNCMASTER P2250 LCD...
Apr 06, 2017 | ASUS Original 19v 3.42a Ac Adapter Charger...
Nov 19, 2012 | Toshiba SATELLITE M70-DL3 LAPTOP LCD...
Aug 28, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite C655d-s5200 15.6" Screen...
May 13, 2011 | Samsung Computers & Internet
Feb 06, 2011 | HQRP AC Adapter / Power Supply for Yamaha...
Sep 28, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Aug 08, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Aug 21, 2007 | Navman F20 GPS Receiver
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!