Question about Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Have an ACER 5315-2153 Laptop. I just upgraded to 2 GB but computer system info still says only 1 GB. Do I need to do something to get my computer to recognize the new memory?
Here's a 12-step memory upgrade procedure from the tigerdirect.com website:
Upgrading Your Memory to Improve Performance
Compiled By Our Editors
12 Quick, Easy Steps to Installing Desktop Memory
Increasing your computer’s memory is one of the most powerful ways to improve performance.. The following 12-step guide illustrates how you can install your desktop memory upgrade in 10 minutes or less with the use of a demagnetized screwdriver. But before you begin, make sure you are working in a PC-e environment. If you handle your circuitry improperly you can inflict permanent damage. Your PC’s biggest enemy is static electricity. Static electricity can damage your module and other computer parts. You need to ground yourself to avoid "shocking" your computer. Grounding yourself removes any static electrical charge your body might be carrying. To ground yourself, you can wear antistatic wrist straps or you can do the following: With your computer turned off, touch an unpainted metal part of your computer case with your hand. Plant your feet and do not walk around (because walking can produce static electrical build-up. Now you’re ready to proceed with our 12-step program for installing memory:
1. Make sure your PC has been turned off PC! You’d be surprised how many people forget this common sense first step.
2. Remove all the power cords from your computer system.
3. Remove all the screws that secure your computer case and put them in a place where you can
easily find them..
4. Remove the computer case. Usually you can simply lift the case off once you have removed all the screws. However, if you have difficulty removing the case, consult your computer’s user manual.
5. Locate the memory slots on your motherboard. In some PCs you will find then beneath a power supply or drive. If so, you may need to remove some additional parts in order to gain access.
6. If you need the replace an existing memory module, undo the module clamps and gently lift the memory module out of the slot.
7. Take your memory module out of its anti-static bag and hold it gently by the edges. Line up the notch on the bottom of your new memory module with the empty memory slot and press the new module down with your thumbs until the pins rest snugly inside the slot. You may have to exert some pressure! When will hear a click when the memory module is installed correctly.
8. Secure the new memory module by attaching the module clamps.
9. Put the computer case back on.
10. Replace the case screws to secure the case.
11. Attach your power cord.
12. Now that your new memory has been installed, turn on your computer!
Once your memory has been physically installed, the computer must install it electronically. Once your PC is turned on, you may have to go into computer BIOS to enable your system to detect the new RAM you have just installed. Refer to your computer us
If this solution is helpful please click a thumbs-up rating below.
Have a great day,
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Sep 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Aug 14, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Mar 02, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 240 Notebook
Aug 22, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Feb 23, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 15, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
415 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!