How to install Siemens Speedstream 4100 Modem manual installion
I am running 2 desktops with the siemens 4100 modem. One is running windows vista and one is running windows xp. I can not run the two desktops simaltaneously with out an I. P. address conflict leaving one of the desktops unable to access an internet connection. Talk about real frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this problem?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well, you can call up the estore AT&T toll free number and enquire if they do give away the installation disks so that you can have them ordered and have your internet connection up and running. AT&T do support and merchandise Siemens 4100. The Toll free number being:
By Phone - 800- 667-2118 Available 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.ET (M-F) and 8:00a.m.-8:00p.m. ET Saturday by calling 800- 667-2118.
if you are using a siemens 4100 modem alone.. siemens 4100 modem has no wireless capabilty unless there is a wireless router plugged in..
if you already have a wireless router.. the SECURITY CODE shud be provided by your wireless provider
REMEMBER: SIEMENS SPEEDSTREAM is not wireless capable
As you are using speed stream 4100 modem and it has a5 lights, if u have a 1 solid light for power and other all the 4 lights are flashing, It indicates either u need to upgrade the firware of modem or you may try Hard reset option of modem..At the rear sode of modem you will have a reset hole / button, u may press that using some paper clip...unplu all the cables and wait for 2 mins...connect them back in..all the lights will come up but the internet..u need to check IP address by doing IPCONFIG, whatever gateway u r getting (probably 192.168.1.1) type that into adressbar of IE and putthe correct user name and password, asked code u may get from the bottom side of ur modem...get into GUI og modem and put your complete email address and password, save settings ...Ok and restart the modem...it will be ready to go.
* You dont need any special drivers to install modem. * Open up internet explorer, type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press enter key. * Now you should see the configuration page of modem. * On the left side, click on Advanced button, below that, you will see "connection configuration" option - click on it.
*** If it asks for modem access code anywhere, you can find the code underneath the modem. please type it ***
* Under this page, you have to enter the email address in username field and password, change the connection type to smart keep alive, click on save changes
* Now it may ask you for restart modem. click on restart. within 1 min, you will be connected to internet.