Question about AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing Dishwasher
I had this problem too, and was able to fix it. There is a generic problem with AEG dishwashers of this type, caused by the bad solder joint of a relay on a circuit board. Solution:
1. Disconnect mains power then open dishwasher and remove the 8 or 10 screws that hold the inox plate onto the door.
2. Gently peel away the inox plate and you'll have access to a white plastic box at the top of the door where the pushbuttons are located.
3. Undo the 4 plastic clips on the sides of the white plastic box and you'll have access to an electronic circuit board. Note the order of the 6 or 7 wire connectors along the edge of the circuit board and then unplug them. The circuit board is now only held by a flat plexi connector. Leave it attached.
4. Gently turn the circuit board over and look at the solder joints. You should see one or more dodgy solder joints. Use a soldering iron and some extra solder to redo the joints.
5. Put it all back together in reverse order to above.
This is a known problem (that no one knows about).
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2012 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
Feb 20, 2011 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
Sep 07, 2010 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
May 11, 2010 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
Jan 30, 2010 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
Oct 28, 2009 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
Mar 10, 2009 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
May 14, 2014 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 40850 Free-standing...
829 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: