My sandisk stays frizen on da fm radio screen and it wont turn off
My sandisk has been actin up lately. it stays stuck on 1 screen, the FM radio screen. the only way i can turn it off is to take the battery out but as soon as i put it back in it goes back to the same frozen screen. i need help on how to reset the whole thing or reboot it so i can start listening to my music again lol please help asap if u can
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello, This is possible. It requires firmware upgrade to disable the FM radio. Follow the directions below link:
1) Go into the settings menu, go to FM settings, and make sure the FM Region is set for United States. If you are outside the US, change it to "World" 2) The radio might initially be set for Pause - to test this, turn to a specific radio station that you know you get, and press up on the clickwheel. The "block" icon underneath the radio station should now change to a play arrow, if indeed it was on pause.
Press far right button (play/stop) and hold it down for about 3-4 seconds. Now press A--B button (3rd button from right) and audio play shows on the screen. Press this button one more time and FM radio shows on the screen. Then press far right button and FM can now be tuned in. You can also download the instructions from www.sandisk.com
The service may not be available in your area. Make sure the headphones are connected to the player when searching for radio stations: Here's pg 15 of the user manual:
FM Radio (if applicable)
player includes an integrated FM radio for listening to live broadcast FM
stations. Please note that the FM Radio function may not be available in your region.
Listening to FM Radio
To listen to live broadcast FM station, follow these steps:
1. Select FM Radio from the Main Menu.
2. A radio frequency menu will appear.
3. Press |<< or >>| to adjust and search for the desired frequency, or select
preset by pressing Select.
4. For fast search, press and hold the |<< or >>| buttons.
When you power on your MP3 player it will go to the FM radio. 1. Press menu.
2. Go down once and you'll be on "Mode". Press the right button to access the mode menu.
3. You either press the enter button after accessing the menu or go down to select Playback mode (I forget which one it is).
Turn the wheel to FM Radio (There's a picture of a radio beside it). Press the center of the wheel or right arrow to select
FM Radio. To scan for a station use the left and right arrow keys (to the left & right of the wheel). To add/delete/view preset station list press the down button (below the wheel).