Question about NetGear WGR614 Router
My laptop stoped working it asked for the code
Regarding your concern, please note that in order to get the network key/password on the NETGEAR router (MODEL_NUMBER), we need to login to the router's web interface using any computer which is physically connected to the router.
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router using an Ethernet cable in order to find the network/security key:
1. Open the browser (like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1', 'http://www.routerlogin.net' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. When prompted for Username and Password please enter Username as 'admin' and Password as 'password' (please note that both Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on Wireless Settings' under Setup from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the pass phrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the NETGEAR router's wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the pass phrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new password and click apply. You will then have to use the same password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
Posted on Feb 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2013 | Lands Phones
Oct 27, 2010 | Nokia 5100/6100/6300/7100 Series Black...
Dec 16, 2009 | 2001 Ford Focus
Nov 19, 2009 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Jul 02, 2009 | Nokia 5310 Cellular Phone
Jun 18, 2009 | Cell Phones
Apr 22, 2009 | Nokia 6120 classic Cellular Phone
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!