Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I am totally clueless about using scanner.
If you are using a computer with a Windows Operating System (XP, Vista, etc., ) I can help. Just follow these directions: (From beginning to end)
1) Make sure that the power to your scanner is On but do not plug your scanner into your computer until instructed to do so by the software.
2) Place the CD that came with your scanner into the CD drive of your computer. Install the software for your scanner and plug your scanner into your computer.
3) Re-boot your computer.
4) After re-boot, place a document you want to scan under the lid of your scanner.
5) Go to:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint (and click on the Paint program.
6) When Paint opens, go to the upper toolbar in the program and click on, 'File' then scroll down and click on, 'From Scanner or Camera.'
(a window will open)
7) Click on the icon for your scanner and then click, 'OK".
(a window will open)
8) Choose the type of document you wish to scan and click, 'Scan".
9) Note: Some scanners take a moment to 'warm up' before scanning. If your scan doesn't begin immediately, just be patient.)
10) Your document will be scanned and automatically imported into the Paint program.
11) When you can see the scanned document in Paint, (again) go to the upper toolbar and select, 'File' > scroll down and select, 'Save As' > (your Pictures Folder will open) > type in a name for your document > and click, 'Save'.
12) You can now exit the Paint program and go to your Pictures folder. There, click on your scanned document to view it.
If you found this information helpful, please give me a big thumbs-up when you rate my answer. Thanks!
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2010 | Microtek SCANMAKER I900 Flatbed Scanner
Jun 11, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 12, 2009 | Brother MFC 7840W Printer
Apr 24, 2008 | Fujitsu fi-5120C
Nov 29, 2007 | Symbol Spark LS 1004
Nov 29, 2007 | Canon CD-4050 Path-Through Scanner
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!