Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I received a Electric wine opemer as a gift. My qusestionis: Is it safe to leave the wine charger plugged into the electrical outlet and leave the ine opener in the charging unit

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 8,197 Answers

Yes it is safe to leave in the charger and plugged in. All rechargeable devices that were built after 2002 have a safety cutoff switch built in to them. If there is a problem with the device it will turn the power off to it.

Posted on Feb 07, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My microwave does not have any power. The electric outlet works, so I am wondering if there is a reset button somewhere. Model number: WP1000AP30-3. Serial number is FMD0210400437. Thank you.

If you have checked plug fuse there is an internal fuse but you have to remove cover to find it.if you do remove cover "MAKE SURE THAT IT IS UNPLUGGED" AS IT CAN KILL YOU"??????????????

Oct 21, 2017 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My frigidaire Gallery microwave model #FGMV174KFA will intermittently lose power completely. After a while, it will beep and come back on, giving a message "enjoy your oven." Right now I'm not enjoying...

There could be a connection problem in the electrical outlet the microwave is plugged into or anywhere in that circuit all the way back to your electric breaker panel. It sounds like the microwave is losing power and resetting. WARNING: Any type of electrical work should only be completed by persons qualified to do so.

Oct 29, 2013 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Rubbing alcohol was spilled down back of GE microwave in the move over 1 year ago. Is the microwave still usable or will the alcohol cause a fire?

Alcohol evaporates. Put a few drops of alcohol in a paper cup and leave it overnight. It should be gone in less than a day. A year should evaporate a lot of alcohol.
If you want to be extra safe and you're tech-savvy, open the case carefully and look for moisture. Otherwise, plug it in somewhere relatively safe and try it (fire extinguisher Class C or ABC handy. -- You need an BC in the kitchen anyway.
Once tested, put the microwave where you need it.

Aug 16, 2013 | General Electric Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I need to wire my electric cooker upto an electric sockey

If the cooker didn't come from the factory with a plug on the cable, you cannot safely do that.
Consult a qualified electrician.

Jan 23, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

None of the buttons on the microwave worknot even the fan or light

Does it plug in or is it hardwired?
If it is plugged in, you can unplug it, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and it may have just needed this reset.

Is it on a circuit breaker outlet? If it is, you may just need to push the little button in the middle of the outlet.

If not ,did it pop the breaker in your electrical box? You can have alook and turn the breaker back to the on position if this is true, but you might want to consider why it would have done so. Is it still safe to use?

Dec 21, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

How can i convert our 220 volts wall outlet to 110 volts for a microwave oven.

Find the breaker for it (a double for 220) and substitue a single breaker (for 110). This will leave one wire unused from the breaker box to the outlet. You'll have to change the outlet of course to accommodate a normal 110 plug. You can also skip the breaker part and just change the outlet and cap off 1 of the hot wires. Just make sure to kill the power and be safe!

Mar 11, 2010 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No Power - Possibly the fuse has blown.

that have tree fuses, two on top-rear plate and one in the down-rear under the exhaust fan. replace whit a similar oane, befor you opem the cover disconect the oven from the main power suply.

Feb 20, 2010 | General Electric SCA1001KSS 900 Watts...

1 Answer

How to install a electric line for over stove micowave

This is usually best left to a licensed electrician, however in some homes there is already electrical wiring over the stove for an exhaust fan. You might be able to tap into the exhaust fan wiring and install an outlet that you can plug the microwave into, or if there is an electrical outlet near the stove area you might can tap into it just be sure that you are not overloading the outlet. For example if there is a refrigerator or other major appliance using power from this outlet it might not carry enough current to operate the refrigerator and the microwave at the same time and will cause the circuit breaker to open or fuses to blow.

Sep 09, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Blowing 25 amp fuses

In that case the outlet your using is pushing out too much electricity. Try calling your local electric company for help or a professional electric repair man.

May 21, 2009 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

13 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9086 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

77202 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides