ERROR LED: E, 1, 6
Press and hold Stop/Reset button for at least five seconds
Clearing the Ink Error
If you want to continue printing in this condition, press and hold the <Stop/Reset> button on the printer for at least five seconds, and then release it.
Replace the ink cartridge and close the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover).
If printing is in progress and you want to continue printing, press the Stop/Reset button for at least 5 seconds with the ink cartridge installed. Then printing can continue under the ink out condition.
The function for detecting the remaining ink level will be disabled.
Replace the empty ink cartridge immediately after the printing. The resulting print quality is not satisfactory, if printing is continued under the ink out condition.
ERROR LED: E, 1, 6
Replace ink cartridge(s) MP210
Replacing An Ink Cartridge
Use the following procedure to replace empty ink cartridges or when an ink cartridge error appears.
- After confirming that the printer is powered on, open the scanning unit (printer cover). The ink cartridge holder moves to the replacement position.
Note: After confirming that the scanning unit support is fixed into position, release your hands.
- Press down on the semi-circular tab (circled area in <1>, above) to release the cartridge and then remove it.
Note: Handle the ink cartridges carefully to avoid staining clothes and surrounding work area.
*Optional cartridges PG-40 and CL-41 shown in examples
- Remove and replace each cartridge individually. Or, remove the second cartridge after the first has been removed.
- Take out a new cartridge from its casing and gently remove the orange protective tape in the direction of the arrow.
Note: - Do not attempt to reattach the protective tape once you have removed it.
- Do not touch the gold electrical contacts or the print head nozzles after removing the protective tape.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the ink cartridge holder.- Black: the left slot- Color: the right slot*
*One black cartridge and one color cartridge must be installed in the machine in order for the printer to operate. It does not matter if the capacities (Standard or High) do not match.
- Push up on the front of the cartridge until it locks into place. (A click sound will be heard when the cartridge is locked in place.)
- Confirm that the ink cartridges are installed properly.
<1> The ink cartridge is not installed properly.
<2> The ink cartridge is installed properly.
- Fold the scanning unit support and close the scanning unit (printer cover).
- Wait until the preparatory operation is complete; it takes about one to two minutes.
Trust this is helpful. :)