Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Hardware Error 0502 on LCD Display ID:ENUS16536
Check the encoder strip on the printer. (This is a clear strip running the length of the printer, above or behind the cartridge carrier.) Do the following:
1. Switch off the printer using the power button.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Lexmark X5100 / X6100 Series.
3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
4. Slide the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer by taking the top part of the belt and moving it gently to the right.
5. Take out both cartridges.
6. Place an index finger on the encoder strip on either side of the cartridge carrier.
7. On the back of the cartridge carrier, there is a small slot that the encoder strip fits into. Slightly push the encoder strip down and then back up to get it into the slot.
8. Lightly press the strip first to the rear and then forward, if necessary.
9. Clean the encoder strip with a dry tissue. Also clean the contacts of the printer.
10. Reconnect the power cable and switch the printer on again.
11. Perform the hardware test without cartridges first and then with both cartridges.*
12. Make a standalone copy.
13. If the copy is satisfactory, repeat the test once to confirm that the error is gone.
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2011 | Lexmark X6150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 30, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 24, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 18, 2010 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 19, 2010 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 05, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 07, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 22, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 24, 2008 | Lexmark (09A1501) for Optra T Series...
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!