Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
My sansa c140 player wont except music its totaly empty and sometimes it wont even recognize that its connected. I allways use media player with no trouble anybody have a fix. I also have formatted the player twice.
You can try updating the firmware and see if it works.
Download this file:
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode).
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
It's a piece of ****, throw it out.
Posted on Jun 29, 2008
Trash the Dumb thing. I have one and it is giving me the same problem by not leting me import new songs or delete the old ones. This device is out dated and that is the problem.
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Sep 28, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Jun 15, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Jun 01, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Jan 08, 2018 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: