Question about Logitech Harmony 890 Universal Remote
Cannot update harmony 890 remote
I emailed Logitech about this issue and they gave me the troubleshooting steps below!! I hope they help you just as they helped me!!!
1) Ensure all firewalls and antivirus programs are allowing the Harmony Remote Software to work properly.
2) Use a different UBS port/cable.
3) Use a different computer if available.
4) Try putting the Harmony Remote in safe mode. The following are the steps to accomplish this:
a) Remove the battery from the Harmony Remote.
b) Press and hold the power button while reinserting the battery into the Harmony Remote.
c) To get out of safe mode, remove the battery for 10 seconds and reinsert it into the Harmony Remote.
5) Uninstall the software from your computer.
6) Install the software from the website at www.logitech.com/myharmony.
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: LCD Screen is blank
Had the same thing:
Step 1 - remove the battery for about 60 minutes. There seems to be a little energy store in the unit and just taking out the battery, counting to 10, and reinstalling it does not work.
Step 2- Do a software update upgrade from the Logitech site. The new firmware level seems to have fixed the base problem.
If you just take the battery out and put it in, it does not work.
If you take the battery out and just hook it up to do a software upgrade, it does not work becuase the remote gets power from the USB commenction so it remains "hung"
The most disturbing thing about the whole event for me was the number of people that had the problem occur about 12 months and 1 day after purchase....ie when it was out of warranty!!!
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
SOURCE: Harmony 890 Freezes
I had what sounds like the same problem. Try disabling your wireless network connection and using a wired connection instead.
Not convenient, but it works for me.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
If the setting provided by the Logitech data base for your Bravia model is not working use the original Sony remote to have the Logitech "learn" the correct code and assign it to a button or to a screen menu "button". The instructions for "learning" are on the Logitech web site when you log in to your account.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
this sounds like it is a hardware issue, try contacting Logitech through e-mail from the website www.logitech.com and sending an e-mail in.
try the following before contacting them:
1. Log into the Logitech Harmony Remote Software on your computer
2. Click on the Downloads button at the top-right corner of your screen
3. Click on the Firmware button. Follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade the firmware on your Harmony remote
4. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click on the Update Remote button
5. Test your remote.
If this doesnt work, provide them with the following to make sure the process goes as smooth as possible:
The PID of the remote:
The P/N of the remote:
The PID of the RF Wireless Extender:
The P/N of the RF Wireless Extender:
Please Note: The PID (Product Identification) and P/N (Part Number) for the remote can be found either on the underside of the battery cover, or at the bottom of the battery compartment (the battery might be covering it). Your PID number is a character code with a combination of letters and numbers, starting with either WL, WD, or LZ
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
SOURCE: Screen is blank
HI! Here's what to do if your Logitech Harmony remote's LCD screen has gone blank.
1. Remove the battery, press and hold the 'OFF' button, and re-insert the battery. The screen will display 'Safe Mode!', or the 'Activities' button will be lit.
2. Connect your remote to the computer.
3. Launch the Harmony Remote Software, and log in.
4. Click "Downloads" at the top and click "Firmware".
5. The remote will go through the firmware update.
6. Select "Yes", and click NEXT to update the remote.
If the screen is still blank after you complete these steps, then it is a hardware issue and you should contact Logitech's wonderful support team, given that the remote is still under warranty.
Posted on Mar 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 890 LCD Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Televison & Video
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 890 Universal Remote
Aug 02, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 890 LCD Remote Control
Mar 17, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 890 LCD Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Televison & Video
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 890 LCD Remote Control
Feb 02, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 890 LCD Remote Control
Jan 23, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 890 Universal Remote
Nov 25, 2008 | Logitech Harmony 890 LCD Remote Control
263 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: