Question about Canon Selphy DS700 InkJet Photo Printer
I will try to explain. At the end, I will leave you with a link to this procedure (from Canon support).
1) With the printer power On, slide the "cover open" switch to the right to allow the cover to open. The carriage will move to the center.
2) Press in and lift on the printhead holder latch lock to open the printhead
3) Take the printhead out of its packaging. Remove and discard the orange cap that protects the bottom of the printhead. (Be careful not to touch the printhead nozzles).
4) Install the printhead in the printhead holder, and lock down the holder latch from step 2 (above). It should click.
5) Remove the ink tank from the packaging. Lift, remove and discard the orange cap from the ink tank. Be sure not to touch the ink outlets.
6) Insert the ink tank into the printhead at an angle, aligning the mark on the tank with the mark on the printhead. Push in and down until the ink tank clicks into place.
7) Close the cover
Your printhead and ink tank is now installed. The printer may go through a routine to get ready for use.
Here is a link to Canon support for your model. You will need to type in a question into the box, "How do I install the printhead?" and click the "search" button. The results will display. Click the first result entitled "How do I install the printhead?" and view the procedure.
Canon Selphy DS700 Printhead Installation
I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your question.
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
"Follow the directions given in your setup sheet to install the Print Head.
If the Print Head is already installed, remove the Print Head once and then reinstall it.
If the error is still not resolved, the Print Head may be damaged. Contact your Canon Service representative. "
May 12, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP3500 Printer
Sep 30, 2007 | Canon Selphy DS700 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 06, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP760 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 27, 2012 | Canon Selphy DS700 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 30, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 05, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 23, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 29, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jan 07, 2009 | Canon i350 InkJet Printer
May 07, 2008 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!