- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unplug your router and unplug your cable modem,Turn your cable modem back on and wait for the lights to stop flashing.The plug your router back into your cable modem.Once the router lights stop blinking try to connect.If you still have a weak signal call your cable provider and ask them to reboot your cable modem at their end.
the dsl connection is your broadband signal. check the router box. if the dsl light is off or flashing on the front, the setup will not work. this light needs to be solid. remove all devices from telephone sockets in your house, connect just one filter and your new router to it. check the dsl signal, if the light is solid green. the problem is with the physical setup in your house. If the dsl light still flashes contact your isp or broadband supplier.
The nework cable that came with the wireless router has RJ45 connectors (8 wire cable) and the telephone cable has narrower connectors RJ11 (4 wire cable) or RJ12 (6 wire cable - less commonly used).
I assume the Dynamode wireless router does not have a built-in modem and therefore needs to be connected to a broadband modem.
If broadband modem is a cable or DSL type, the broadband modem is connected to the Dynamode WAN/Internet socket with a RJ45 LAN cable.
If you have a broadband DSL modem you need a RJ11 phone cable to connect the moden to the phone socket.
you are providing the username and password from your laptop.
So its disconnectiong when you shutdown your laptop
Try to use the username and pass from the Modem itself .
Hope you can find difference.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
You have to check if your computer can connect to the modem with an Ethernet cable. This will tell you if the ethernet port on the modem is working. if that does not work call your cable provider.
Next thing after you get the instructions above done.
Press the reset button on the back of the router> press it in for 30 seconds then let go and pull out the power. Connect the router up the way it should be before you reset by the way. check if you have internet if you do not follow hte directions at teh link below.
-- who is your internet service provider -- what is the operating system of your computer? -- is this working fine before or is this a brand new router
you may try this and see if this help solve your problem. make sure your computer is directly connected to the router
Step 1: Shutdown the computer. Step 2: reset the router while power on then Unplug the router’s power cable. Step 3: Unplug the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for 30 seconds. Step 4: Plug in the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for its lights to appear stable. Step 5: Plug in the router's power cable once the modem’s lights appear stable. Step 6: Power on the computer on and configure the router settings Step 7: test the Internet connection.
if this still didnot work, upgrade the firmware of your router
configuring the router settings will depends who is your provider. if your isp is dsl you need to configure your ISP username and password on the router. if your router is a cable no need to change any settings on the router. it should automatically work
if you are still having trouble configuring your device, try to call supportrix and use supportcall as your promo code for 1 free technical support.
This is a common problem with linkys wireless g routers, as you say that you modem works fine with usb..no problem with your isp, so go head and first upgrade the routers latest firmware..reset and reconfig your roter your issue will get fixed..try it out.