Question about ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Hello,have you installed new motherboard or CPU?
Follow these steps again
1) Disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer & open up the case.
2) Wear an anti-static glove or at very least discharge your static by touching a metal surface or power supply
3) Disconnect the main 20pin ATX power connector from the motherboard & the square 4pin ATX2 power connector
4) Remove any PCI cards you have & disconnect ALL drive cabling from the MOTHERBOARD. Also disconnect any internal USB fly leads from the motherboard.
5) You should now have ONLY the cpu+heatsink/fan, memory & video card installed. Locate the round silver battery in the bottom right corner of the board. Just below it, you'll see a plastic jumper cap. This cap should be covering 2 pins (pins 1 + 2) with pin 3 bare. It will be marked JP1. Move the jumper to cover pins 2-3 instead. Leave in this position for about 30 seconds, then return the jumper to its original position (pins 1-2).
6) Reconnect the square 4pin ATX2 power connector & the main 20 pin ATX power connector. Make sure that the case speaker or buzzer is connected also.
7) Make sure the only external devices connected are the keyboard/mouse & monitor. Reconnect the power lead & power on the system
Let me know what happens
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2012 | ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS Motherboard w/ AMD...
Apr 18, 2011 | ASUS M2N68AM PLUS Motherboard AMD Athlon...
Feb 12, 2011 | ASUS M2N68AM PLUS Motherboard AMD Athlon...
Oct 19, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 31, 2010 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Dec 22, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1920NX PC Desktop
Oct 16, 2009 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Jun 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
1,008 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: