Question about Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To reset the lamp timer:
1) With the projector plugged in and turned off, press the 'ON/STANDBY' button to put the projector in 'STANDBY' mode. NOTE: You have to press the button on the projector itself, you cannot use the remote for this step (this is not clear in manual).
2) Now, using the remote, press the following keys in order: RESET, <--, -->, ENTER.
3) Timer should now read '0'.
Posted on Feb 02, 2008
SOURCE: Sony VPL-VW100
OK It SOUNDS like you have problems on one of the two power boards (designated GA and GB). There are a couple of things I need you to do the next time it acts up.
1) if any lights flash, count the number of flashes. It should be a repeating cylce of so many flashes.
2) If it won't come on, unplug it for 3 or 4 minutes (to let the power supplies discharge) and then plug it back it but don't try to power it on. Count the number of clicks you hear right after you plug it in. This is very important and it tells me if one section of the supply is not coming on.
I hope this helps. Feel free to rate this solution and to award the premium solution to whomever you please.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
According to the manual, you need access to the RESET button, the left and right arrows and the ENTER button to clear the counter. Press the following in order for less than 5 seconds each:
The above sequence should clear the counter.
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
After replacing lamp, connect projector AC power cord and turn the projector in standby mode.
Press following keys on control panel for less then 5 seconds each..
RESET, <==, ==>, ENTER.
That will reset lamp timer in projector.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2012 | 1999 Toyota Camry
Jul 24, 2010 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
Apr 15, 2017 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
Feb 03, 2010 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
Nov 12, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 21, 2009 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
Nov 29, 2008 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
Nov 01, 2008 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
Oct 31, 2008 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
Apr 03, 2016 | Sony VPL-VW100 (Ruby) Multimedia Projector
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: