Question about Belkin My Essential (ME1004-R) Wireless Router
You need to configure your router.
For that Connect your router to computer with ethernet cable then you can access it with following default link.
If you are not able to access it with above ip then check your computers ip address gateway ip is your router ip try with it.
Then it ask for user name and password.
Type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or "password" or blank.
Then you can see configuration page of router.
Then go to NAT settings and unblock your games.
Open port also which is uder by your online game.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to configure your wireless router:
The wireless router needs to be configured with SSID and encryption and the wireless card on the computer needs to be configured with the wireless rouer's settings.
The SID details would be given to you by your ISP.
Follow these steps to configure the wireless router and the network card.
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router
You can also find detailed information on your router by opening the below mentioned link on your browser:
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2013 | Nintendo Grand Slam Tennis for Wii
Mar 14, 2011 | Nintendo Grand Slam Tennis for Wii
Oct 10, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Oct 22, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7633UK4A) Wireless Router
Dec 30, 2008 | Nintendo Wii Console
Mar 13, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Mar 13, 2008 | Nintendo Game Boy Advance Console
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!