Question about Panasonic Televison & Video
There a few common reasons why dvd players will not recognize the disk.
1. If the disc to really dirty or scratched the optical reader will not be able to read it.
2. The optical lens could be dirty and will need to be cleaned. If the laser can not see (so to speak) the disc and read the tracks it will not recognize the disc.
3. If the spindle motor does not spin the disc, the optical lens will not read the disc and not recognize it.
4. If there is a malfunction with the optical reader assembly (the laser malfunctions) it will not read the discs. The whole optical assembly is the entire optical lens and circuit board seen in the above picture along with a few other components not seen.
5. The disc tray could be out of alignment. This usually does not happen unless the device has been my panasonic sa-mt1 says that there is no dvd in - 2e2a535.jpgghly or dropped.
In most cases, a simple cleaning of the discs and the optical lens will solve the problem. If the disc is not spinning, the spindle motor has malfunctioned and it will need to be replace which with parts and labor will cost you roughly between $70-90 dollars (most is labor) depending on the prices in your area that service technicians charge. The most expensive part to replace is the whole optical assembly, which depending on how much you paid for the device, it might be cheaper to buy a new player (average estimated cost of replacement between $ 200-280 most of which is the part unless you can find a great deal some where).
Check to see if your discs are scratched or dirty by holding them up to the light and tilting them back and forth. Try new disc in your machine to see if the problem still persists, if it does then try cleaning the optical lens. You can purchase cleaning discs to do this for you or you can do it manually. You can also purchase things that will help clean your discs as well. For a more detailed description of cleaning procedures, please review my profile where you will find my tips. Check to make sure the discs are spinning. You can remove the cover if you like or you can listen really close to hear if the discs are spinning up. If the discs start and stop the entire process without spinning up after you have cleaned the discs and lens, the problem could be that the spindle motor is about to go out. If the discs are not seated in the tray properly or the tray itself if out of alignment then it could cause the machine to not read the disc properly.
I hope this helps you solve or determine what the device malfunction is. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
If you would not mind, please rate my help. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have panasonic DVD player
so you are telling me it will play DVD+Rs but not pressed DVD movies? hmmm....try cleaning the laser lens real good. If still you have problems, it is time to junk it. These things are more expensive to repair than to purchase a new or better one.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2009 | Panasonic Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 19, 2009 | Panasonic Home Theater System System
Oct 25, 2008 | Panasonic Home Theater System System
May 31, 2008 | Panasonic Televison & Video
May 09, 2008 | Televison & Video
May 01, 2008 | Televison & Video
Dec 30, 2007 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 19, 2006 | Panasonic SC-HT680 System
822 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: