Question about Compaq Network adapter
To resolve your problem, try the following steps:-
Step 1: I would suggest you to download and install the latest network adapter drivers for Windows 7 from your computer manufacturer’s website.
Gateway Support: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/dlcenter.asp
Step 2: You may also want to disable the security program to check if it is blocking the Internet access.
Step 3: Windows 7 – Troubleshooters
To run Internet Explorer Troubleshooter, follow these steps:
1. Close all programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems.
4. On the task pane on the left, click View All.
5. Click Internet Explorer Performance. This opens a new window.
6. Click Next.
7. The troubleshooter will run and fix all identified issues automatically. Click Close.
After the steps have successfully run, try to browse to the Internet again.
Step 4: Check whether a third-party program is conflicting with Internet Explorer
Perform a clean boot on a computer that is running Windows 7:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed.
If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:
you can check the bellow link too for an in-depth knowledge
Let us know if you were looking for something more else please accept the suggestion.
Thank You for contacting Fixya.com
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2014 | HP Compaq Presario SR1910NX (EX310AA) PC...
Mar 10, 2014 | HP Compaq Presario SR1620NX...
Apr 18, 2012 | HP Compaq Presario V6000T Notebook
Jan 09, 2011 | Compaq Presario sr1403wm AMD Sempron 3000+...
Nov 13, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Mar 03, 2010 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Nov 15, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jun 26, 2009 | Compaq Presario sr1403wm AMD Sempron 3000+...
Mar 08, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Oct 07, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: