Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
You must obtain/set up one.
1. hook up a computer to one of the numbered ports on the back(eTHERNET CABLE. Like a phone jack but longer.)
2. wait untill the computer says it is connected.
3. open your internet browser, and go to this address: http://192.168.1.1(the routers internal setup)
4. type in "admin" in both boxes.(if you havent set up a password yet)
5. go to "wireless", "Wireless Security"(bar below first one), either choose DISABLED(you will not be protected from strangers accessing your internet, slowing yours down) or one of the choices and type anything in(recommend 15+ characters, better yet random. WRITE THIS DOWN.)
6. Click save changes
7. Go on your wireless enabled computer, and if you used a key, enter it, otherwise it should connect
Posted on Feb 21, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 12, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 18, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Aug 14, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 14, 2010 | Linksys WUSB54GSC (745883575268) Wireless...
Mar 25, 2010 | Linksys WUSB54GSC (745883575268) Wireless...
Jan 09, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 26, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 12, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 07, 2007 | U.S. Robotics MAXg USR5461 (738168036790)...
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!