Question about Uniden Cordless Phone

1 Answer

The display on my phone has disappeared after I touched the phone and got a spark and a mild shock. Cannot readanything nor do I get the name on caller ID.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 863 Answers

Something caused a short, which fried your phone. Check your wall outlet to see if it is a 3 prong outlet and properly grounded. You will get a nice shock if the outlet is not properly grounded. Also, make sure your electronics are plugged into a surge protector so your expensive electronic items don't get fried when there are spikes and drops in the electricity flow. APC is a good brand and those squid looking surge protectors are also a good bet.

Posted on Feb 05, 2010

Testimonial: "thanks for the help. I think I need a new phone now."

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Kitchenaid pro will not turn on although I got a mild shock when I touch the ground wire.


obviously a wiring issue, could be a bad ground. make sure all wiring is properly terminated, replace if damaged.

Jan 23, 2017 | KitchenAid Dryers

1 Answer

I have a TT350 Yamaha When I check for spark from coil to spark plug.When I kick it over and my hand is on the frame it shocks me but when my hand is not on frame it don't shock me? Why?


the spark travels through the frame and into you as you. you sorta create a circuit ..when your not touching the frame the spark is not strong enough to jump from the frame to you

Oct 17, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles

1 Answer

How i can adjust the position of the Touch Panel display konica 7020


Go to Touch Panel adjustment you will see "+" to the 4 corner of the touch panel use pointed object point it MILD on the center of the 4 "+" . Off / On

Oct 06, 2014 | Konica Minolta Konica 7020 7022 7025 7030...

1 Answer

Whwhat causes side-by-side freezer/refrigerator center partition to be hot to the touch?h


you got a short in the wiring from frig to the door get it checked stuff like that can burn your house down.

Jul 30, 2014 | Maytag Refrigerators

1 Answer

What would cause my Troy Built Pony to suddenly stop


That sounds perfect. When the motor turns over, ten thousand (approximately) volts push a whole lot of electrons out to the end of that wire. If they don't have someplace better to go (through the spark plug, across the gap, and to a good ground), they just jump out anywhere they can (into your hand), and dash through you to ground (wherever else you're touching the machine.

The spark plug body (the big metal end) MUST MUST be touching the frame or the engine, or it won't spark - those electrons have noplace to go.

Did you get the right plug? Is it a good plug? Is it gapped correctly? If all true, and if the machine STILL won't start, then the problem doesn't appear to be an ignition problem.

Apr 26, 2014 | Troy Bilt 5.5hp Self Propelled Mower

1 Answer

I accidentally pulled the emergency plug while working out. When I restarted I got an error #3. It flashed alternatively with the pulse button which doesn't work most of the time anyway. The next day I got...


hi,
my be the motor isolation winding have some problem, or there is some moisture deposit inside the motor or the motor driving card. that's why u got shock. also check the ground wiring is proper or not. in my opinion as its create danger for u, contact the manufacturer for service.
ok

Dec 30, 2010 | New Balance 1400 Treadmill

1 Answer

I touch the on/off button on the Prima TV to turn


I am sure you had some strong static electricity. The static spark arced to inside of the TV in to the circuit board. Many of the low cost TV sets have poor static electricity protection.
In most cases there is damaged caused by static shock to electronic devices.
Just for curiosity, you can try unplugging the set from the AC mins and plugging it back in to do a simple reset, in case there is no damage and some logic device became hung up.
Last year I picked up my mobile phone and got a static shock from it. I had to get a new phone. This phone never worked again!

Jerry G.

Jan 19, 2010 | Prima C2012 TV

1 Answer

Red dots and lines on mobile touch screen


You can try a hard reset on your phone by removing the battery for 30 min and then power it on if lines still exists then it is display hardware problem you may need to change display in the phone ...........


Good luck...

Jan 07, 2009 | O2 Xda Atom

Not finding what you are looking for?
Uniden Cordless Phone Logo

111 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Uniden Lands Phones Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

k24674

Level 3 Expert

7993 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5060 Answers

Are you an Uniden Lands Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...