Question about NetGear WGR614 54 Mbps Wireless Router - Wireless router - EN, Fast EN, 802.11b, 802.11g
Lots of reasons are possible.
A) Operating System
1) wireless adapter is disabled by your OS
B) Router settings -- you have to access the web page interface for the router ( usually 192.168.1.1 or similar address)
1) check Wireless settings. Do you have the router broadcasting the ESSID and channel ? Make sure you have enabled the radio broadcast.
2) Is the Access control list box checked?
If so, look to see what MAC addresses are included. Maybe the MAC address of your laptop needs to be stored there if you are limiting who can connect.
3) Check security -- If you have WEP or WAP enabled, make sure that the password is what your laptop is using. It's also important that the number of bits (usually 64, 128) set there is the same as the laptop uses.
4) check Schedule -- make sure that someone hasn't blocked access based on the time of day that you are trying to use your laptop to get to the internet.
C) Router location. If the router is setting on the floor or surrounded by lots of metal barriers or too distant from the laptop, then you'll have trouble. Try these one at a time to see if the laptop can tune in the radio.
D) Pure heart? Not having a pure heart can lead to lots of nasty disappointments.
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2015 | NetGear N150 Wireless-N ADSL2 Modem Router...
Nov 19, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 14, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 21, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Feb 05, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 10, 2009 | HP DeskJet 9800 InkJet Printer
Sep 04, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Apr 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!