I have a Fujitsu 4220c2 scanner and when scanning multiple documents it'll take one half half/quarter way through and get stuck. The pick roller and pad assembly have been replaced. What could be causing...
Thank you for contacting Fixya.
This error is detected when one of the followings occurs: (TWAIN Error-Paper jammed in the ADF - Code DS32002), Scanner panel error-U1
1) A document does not reach the TOP sensor while the scanner has transported the document about 250 mm to pick. (The scanner performs retry operation.)
2) The trailing edge of a document does not reach the TOP sensor after the scanner transports the document by the length (L) below. (The document may have slipped on the rollers)
Check the followings:
1.Scan condition - Transported length (L) before jam
2.ADF fixed size - scanning Approximately 450 mm
3.Long paper scanning -1.2 times of the specified value
If the imprinter is installed, paper jam can occur in the following case.
If the scanner starts scanning when the imprinter cable (EXT cable) is not connected to the scanner, it does not rotate the imprinter, since it recognizes the imprinter not installed, which results in paper jam in the imprinter section.
Remove the jammed document and close the ADF. When the error frequently occurs, refer to the followings:
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification? Please read the operator guide for paper specification.
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Is the Imprinter EXT cable correctly connected to the scanner? Check the cables. (only when the Imprinter is installed)
4. Clean rollers in ADF and Imprinter and see if the error is removed. (only when the Imprinter is installed)
5. Replace Pick roller and Pad ASY and see if the error is removed. Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen. When the counter exceeds the values shown, replace Pick roller or Pad ASY.
If the above do not help, then the issue could be caused by the followings:
6. Malfunction of TOP sensor.
7. Malfunction of Cover open sensor.
8. Faulty Scanner Control PCA.
If Imprinter is installed, then the issue could be caused by the followings:
1. Malfunction of Sensor OPB5 lever (only when the Imprinter is installed).
2. Malfunction of Motor LF if the imprinter roller does not rotate.(only when the Imprinter is installed).
3. Faulty Imprinter Control PCA. (only when the Imprinter is installed).
Hope the above information is helpful.Please revert if you have any doubt.
Aug 10, 2010 |
Fujitsu ScanPartner fi-4120C2 Path-Through...