An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Fax rec 2-3 pgs OK, then disconnects and gives Comm...
These errors mean that the communications have failed, and can mean that the receiver at the other end has terminated the call prematurely. If the problem occurs with the same destination, then the receiver fax may be the problem. If the error persists try disabling ECM
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A fax comm.error 322 usually means:
Telephone line conditions were too poor to send a fax.
1. Reattempt the fax transmission at a different time when telephone line conditions have improved.
2. If the session fails after transmitting several pages of a large document, retransmit the document as several smaller documents. You can also try disabling the ECM feature: Reconfigure the local fax machine to use different configuration settings, toggle the ECM state and/or select a slower reception speed.
To Disable ECM, perform the following steps:
1. Press the or > button until the front display reads "Fax Setup".
2. Press the ENTER/MENU button.
3. Press the or > button until the front display reads "All Faxes".
4. Press the ENTER/MENU button.
5. Press the or > button until the front display reads "Error Correction".
6. Press the ENTER/MENU button.
7. Press the button until the font display reads "Off" and then press the ENTER/MENU button to save the setting. (Off disables ECM and On enables ECM). TIP: It would also be helpful to check physical conditions of your phone cord and telephone filters if you are using one.
There are a number of reasons for this. The basic ones are: 1. You are using a splitter to split the line between your fax and the wall outlet. These are NOT supported. 2. You may be using a phone line (RJ11) cable that DID NOT come with the machine.
These two reasons are probably the most significant reasons why the fax will not receive. Here is the link http://is.gd/1jC8H to the HP page for all things 3055. You should read the back of the manual for troubleshooting "Not receiving faxes"
Start with a fresh phone line, no splitter, directly into the wall outlet. If you can trace the wall outlet to another splitter in your basement or elsewhere in the house, then that is STILL considered a splitter, and is unsupported.
basically error 232 indicates that a communication failure has occurred between the two machines Following these steps may help resolving your issue
1. Make sure that the phone cord is
plugged directly from the wall jack into the back port of the fax
machine that is marked "Line" or "To Wall Jack", or that has a
wall-jack symbol. 2. Verify that the line interface unit (LIU) (the box that the phone cord plugs into) is seated fully into the back of the fax. 3. Remove any other device from the line
such as splitters, credit card machines, or telephone answering
machines, and retry the fax communication. 4. Try sending and receiving faxes on a different fax line. 5.Try using a different telephone cord. 6. Have the phone company test your line for static or noise problems. 7. Disable Error Correction Mode (ECM) if the same error occurs repeatedly.
This error typically indicates a problem with the line. Sometimes it's caused by noise (like from DSL on the same line, or alarm systems/home automation systems that use the same line).
Try other devices on the line, like a standard phone or modem and see if you can detect the noise issues. You may need to order a separate POTS line for faxing, especially if you are using the aforementioned services or VoIP systems.
Maybe depends on poor phone connection from this sender, caused by bad line or a transmitt problems. In faxsettings All fax, change "error correction" to off and "V34" faxspeed to slow, this will help.
232-A communication failure has occurred between the two machines. 327-*Reattempt the fax reception at a different time when telephone line conditions have improved. Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve. 356-The remote user has pressed the Stop key, causing the session to be aborted. 442-An error occurred during transmission after one or more partial pages had been sent. The transmitting machine was unable to restart the control channel (handshaking) before sending more data. This error typically occurs when the receiving fax disconnects after receiving part of a page but can also occur if the receiving fax is using a fax format that is incompatible with the HP fax machine (usually during color faxing).