Question about Panasonic NN-T694SF Microwave Oven
I assumed it over heated but the microwave after 2 days now hasn't turned on. I was searching the forums and stuff, my thoughts are it could be the fuse but i need to go get a TX set.
any thoughts would be good...
Thanks in advanced....
Funny story to add, so i brought up our old microwave and it just recently blew up (the bulb or whatever) soo now i have 2 broken microwaves....
Thanks in advanced...
Sounds like an overheating, probably burnt fuse, maybe due to a bad fuse holder. or for that matter just a blown fuse for a variety of reasons. Will have to check fuse or see where it is losing power
Posted on Aug 16, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is an inverter-driven model, and this is one way the inverter fails. Often it will tick, too, but the cooling fan may be too loud to hear ticking. If you haven't had smoke, then it may not yet catastrophic. I would bet that a thorough resoldering would take care of it. A good technician can troubleshoot and repair this, as needed, but often they will just replace the inverter. Sometimes that's actually cheaper. Troubleshooting an inverter is way too much for someone without good solid technical experience. I would call a shop and ask for an estimate to replace the inverter. Good luck.
Posted on Oct 14, 2006
Classic symptom of a defective inverter. It it's under warranty, you're probably in luck. If not, expect repair costs of about $120-150. If you can find a servider who will repair the inverter instead of just replacing it, you can save some money. If you or a friend can replace it yourself, you'll really save, assuming you follow safe procedures. You can find my file "safety.txt" via a Yahoo search. It is part # A606Y5X00AP for model NN-T993S and runs $62.83 plus shipping. The inverter can be gotten from Panasonic at http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/epartr
Posted on Nov 01, 2006
SOURCE: Panasonic microwave 1200
This model uses an inverter to produce high voltage. That symptom is an usually indication of a problem with the inverter or a bad magnetron. I do not recommend that a person without training and experience ever work on these models. You should be able to locate a Panasonic-authorized servicer here: http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/WhereTo/FindServicer.asp?Pass=1 I would mention the exact symptom when you call so the technician can bring a new inverter with him when he comes out to repair it. Might save you having it pulled into the shop. Good luck!
Posted on Sep 22, 2007
SOURCE: keeps blowing fuses
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
Here is a link you or someone you know can use to test it, but please read the safety info:
You can order Panasonic parts from Tritronics here or by calling 866-779-5835, but if you don't find what you're looking for there, try here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 09, 2008
likelihood the mangnetron is failing, or perhaps even the Power Supply is
faulty. You need to have it serviced by a reputable service centre/man.
Ensure you get a firm "Quote" before proceeding, and remember these days the cost of repair can equal or exceed the price of a new one.
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Testimonial: "Couldn't ask for more - response was prompt, helpful and clear. Thanks "
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2016 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 27, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Aug 27, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jun 11, 2017 | Daewoo KOG-867T Microwave Oven
If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the door switches, if contact is not through the microwave will not work.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type. In this case it seems that the program controller board has errors specially if the oven heats and shuts off. remove the board, clean and reset.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
May 16, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 23, 2011 | Samsung SMH9187 Microwave Oven
Jun 29, 2008 | Jenn-Air JMV8196 Microwave Oven
Jun 19, 2007 | Sanyo EM-G2585W Microwave Oven
Sep 01, 2006 | Panasonic NN-T993SF Microwave Oven
Nov 06, 2010 | Panasonic NN-T694SF Microwave Oven
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!