You don't need to Get the Sansa Media Converter to Transfer song on your player. the Sansa Media Converter is used to transfer photos and videos on the Sansa.and to transfer song on the Player this is what you need to know.
the Sansa has two modes wherein it may connect to the computer, the MSC (Mass Storage Class) mode and the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode. If you are transferring un-licensed, non-protected songs, you may transfer them using the MSC mode by simply copying them on to the Sansa. This mode also allows you to use the player with Audible files. If you are transferring music that you have purchased or music that are licensed and/or proctected, you would need to use the MTP mode. To transfer these files, you would need to use Windows Media Player 10 or some other Music Softwares such as Rhapsody and Napster.
If you add songs to the player in one mode, then switch to the other mode, you will not be able to see the songs from the previous mode, though the space used on the player will still reflect their presence. If you cannot see your songs on your PC in one mode, please try viewing them in the other. In order to change the USB mode of the player, you must power the player on and go to "Settings." Under "Settings," there should be a "USB" option. It would then give you the choice to change it from "Auto Detect" (MTP which is also known as Playforsure in other Sansa) to "MSC (Also known as Rhapsody in other Sansa)."
To add songs using the MSC mode, follow these steps:
1. Organize your songs into folders and place it into one directory.
2. Open "My Computer" and open the "Sansa C240" drive for your Sansa.
3. If you see 3-4 Folder there, click on Tools choose File Opdtion, there will be a Pop-up screen and choose View Tab
4. Select on Show Hidden files and Folder Option, so you can see all the files
5. Choose MUSIC Folder, double click and Drag and drop all the songs on that folder, and It will go automatically on your player. OR highlight a songs, right click select COPY, go to MUSIC folder right click then PASTE and it will be save on your Player
If you still need the media converter...go to utorrent.com to download there software and go to this website...