Question about Drills

1 Answer

Using Ryobi Hole Saws

I have a 90 piece drill bit set from Ryobi. Included are some hole saws, but I cannot figure out how to use them.

Posted by on

  • anershay Feb 04, 2010

    I found the arbor, but I cannot find any way that the hole saw bits attach.

  • anershay Feb 04, 2010

    I found the arbor, but I cannot find any way that the hole saw bits attach.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 10,865 Answers

Hello. Somewhere in your set you will find what is called an arbor. The arbor has a drill bit in it and the hole saws get screwed on to the arbor.

Using Ryobi Hole Saws - d947_10.jpg
Regards, Joe
PS - kindly rate my answer. thank you.

Posted on Feb 04, 2010

  • nancyhildebr Aug 29, 2011

    After an hour and a half trying to answer the same question, I finally realized that you unscrew a piece on the arbor, and the hole saw fits inside there. Once you've got that piece unscrewed, it's easy to figure out.

  • Patience LeMew
    Patience LeMew Jan 29, 2014

    Same issue as soon as I read this comment I found the unscrew part.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I'm having trouble drilling into the wood

sherry what are you trying to drill you will need a drill bit for wood or a hole saw for wood.just depends on what your are doing to the wood.

Jul 17, 2016 | Kreg K4 Pocket Hole Jig - KREG

2 Answers

How do you drill through ceramic tile

Go to Lowes, Home Depot, Menards or reasonably good Hardware store. buy a ceramic bit. They are usually with the wood, steel and concrete bits. Small bits arent to pricy. If you need a larger hole like the on the shower pipe goes through, you will need a ceramic hole saw. Hole saws are coated with diamond chips and will probably cost $40 or more. good Luck

Oct 08, 2015 | Porcelanosa Ceramic Wall Tile: : Mosaico...

1 Answer

My sliding laser miter saw is about 1 degree off on 90 degrees cuts, how do youadjust it?

Adjust the angle by turning the bed of the saw bit by bit until you have a 90 degree cut on a piece of timber measured with a carpenters square. Some saws have an adjustable pointer and you can now adjust it to point to 90 degrees. If the bevel cut is off, the vertical downwards cut, there may be grub screw at the back of the saw which will allow you to make adjustments.

Jul 04, 2011 | Ryobi 10 In Miter Saw With Laser

1 Answer

I recently purchased the 60 piece drilling and driving set that included a hole saw and mandrel but i cant figure out how to secure the hole saw to the mandrel, there are no alignment pins

Check the base of the hole saw--it should have a 'D' shaped hole which matches the shaft of the mandrel. You unscrew the large nut from the mandrel, slide on the required hole saw, then reinstall the nut on the mandrel with the machined-out area toward the saw. The saw must not wobble on the mandrel! Make sure your drill motor is turning in the correct direction. Use a cutting wax on the saw teeth when cutting metal. Hope this helps!

Jan 04, 2011 | Ryobi Garden

1 Answer

Where can I get the grommets for the end of the manual transmission shift cables where they connect to the tranny, without buying the entire cable set?

This is a not uncommon problem, with a simple solution: replace the grommets (bushes is a better name) with pieces made from 1/2" polycarbonate. You can get a piece of this from a plastic supply company.

Get 1" rod or just a section of 1/2" sheet. Use a hole saw to cut some circular pieces. Hole saws have a 1/4" center drill. Stick a bolt in the hole with washers and a nut, and fit it to a drill press or similar. You can use a file to adjust the size to fit the end of the shift cables.

When ready, drill the center hold to 6mm, and use washers to hold the new bush in place.

The alternative is to have a machine shop to turn up new bushes out of polycarbonate, or some other industrial plastic.

Sep 28, 2010 | 1993 Eagle Talon

1 Answer

Broke off the head of the bolt that holds the blade on a 6 1/2 inch cordless 18v circular saw. How do I get the broken stud out?

If the threads are not bound, you might be able to use a sharp pick to work the broken part out. Otherwise, you will have to drill out the center of the bolt with a small drill bit and use an 'easyout tool' that will fit tightly into the drilled hole which will allow the piece to be backed out. Good luck!

Apr 15, 2010 | Milwaukee 0730-22 V28 6-1/2" Circular Saw...

1 Answer

I want to drill a 89mm hole through the top of a 2.5m diameter vessel wall thickness 10mm stainless steel , with a hole saw but i can't risk dropping the piece of steel in the vessel do you have a centre i...

This is posted in the chainsasw catagory, probably not the correct forum. That said if it falls into the vessel will it contaminate the contents? If no and you are just concerned about getting it back out; you are going to make a hole about 3.5 inches in diameter if my math is correct. Attach a couple of strips of steel can with double sided tape (between drill bit and cutter teeth). A magnet can then be used to remove the the plug if it falls into the vessel. HTH Lou
Not recatagorized - closed 09/25

Sep 21, 2009 | Starrett Ct218 2 1/8"carb Tip Hole Saws

1 Answer

Getting a small drill bit in straight and tight

I would replace the chuck or purchase a 1/16" quick change drill bit.

Apr 04, 2009 | Ryobi 3-piece 18V Drill / Circular Saw /...

1 Answer

Broken arbor on lenox hole saw

Mine has a set screw some of them might threaded

Mar 15, 2009 | Lenox 48CT 3" Carbide Tipped Hole Saw

Not finding what you are looking for?
Drills Logo

Related Topics:

558 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Drills Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76630 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15941 Answers

Are you a Drill Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides