Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Inspect the paper trays to make sure they are not overloaded. To determine if this is the problem, do a test print with only one piece of paper loaded in the paper tray. (If this turns out to be the problem, keep the paper tray half-full in the future.)
2. Check that the type of paper being used falls within the printer manufacturer's recommendations. For example, paper designed for ink-jet printers doesn't necessarily work well in laser printers. High-quality, bonded paper will cause paper jams in some printers; look for bonded paper that is "laser and ink-jet compatible."
3. If someone has recently printed labels on this printer, check to see if a label has come unglued from a sheet and become stuck inside the printer.
4. Check the gears and rollers for stuck shreds of torn paper from previous jams. Turn off the printer before you attempt to remove the bits of paper.f you have a laser printer, inspect the printer's paper rollers. They should be smooth but not shiny. Rollers that are cracked or glazed are a frequent cause of paper jams and should be replaced by a technician.
5. if you have a laser printer, try cleaning the printer's paper rollers with a lint-free cloth and isopropyl alcohol (available atelectronics shops or drugstore.Try changing the toner or ink cartridge.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2015 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 21, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Clearing credit card-sized paper jammed inside the printer
Credit card-sized and 4" x 6" sized paper must be loaded properly. If this media is not loaded properly, it will feed into the printer and will not exit. Credit card-sized paper should only be loaded in the ASF and in portrait orientation. 4" x 6" sized paper can be loaded in the ASF or cassette. But must be loaded portrait orientation.
If credit card-sized paper was loaded in landscape orientation in the ASF and did not eject (exit), please follow this procedure.
Dec 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Nov 17, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Nov 05, 2010 | Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One InkJet...
Note Be careful to not force the print head to move.
If the print head is positioned at the far right hand side, you cannot move it. Please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
Note Use a flashlight if necessary to check thoroughly.
Oct 26, 2010 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 02, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 21, 2010 | Epson Aculaser C1100 Printer
Dec 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!