Question about Nintendo DS Lite Console
When plugged in to charge only lasts a few seconds then cuts out tried new battery and charger but still the same,
Your charging fuse has blown. If you have a warranty i'd suggest using it to get it repaired, if not you can either take it to a local repair shop or try replacing it yourself.
You need to have fairly good soldering skills as the fuse you will be replacing is tiny (1.6mm x 0.8mm). You can buy the fuse you need from ebay (do a search for ds lite fuse). Taky your ds lite apart and locate the "f1" fuse (here is a link to the pic of the fuse location: http://m3wiki.com/index.php/Image:Usgcpu01fuses.jpg ). Remove the blown fuse by de soldering it and replace it with the new fuse and solder it into place, once this is done you can put your ds back together and test if the charger now works... if it does but the ds will not switch on you will have to also replace f2 (also shown on the picture).
If you want a more detailed explaination for the replacement of the fuses do a google search for "ds lite fuse replacement2 and you should get plenty of guides show up.
Some people say just to bridge this fuse if its blown but i'm strongly against this, the fuse is there for a reason and if you bypass it more serious damage can occur and that will be far more costly and dangerous.
Hope this helps and like to say I accept no responsibility for any damage that may occur whilst using my advice.
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2016 | Echo Garden
Your battery has been depleted past a chargable state. This is a due to a bad design in the phone that doesn't monitor the battery power state well enough. It actually allows the battery to be taken under the minimum amount needed to recharge the battery.
You can fix this, but do so at your own risk.
You can simply purchase a new battery, that will work, just been sure not to let it deplete the battery totally anymore.
Now, on to the fix
-Take out the battery.
-Get any usb cable you can find sitting around. (any usb wire will do, an old printer cable, anything with a usb end that can plug into your computer)
-cut one end of the plug off. You need to leave the side on that connects to your computer. Cut off the side that plugs into a device (printer, camera, web cam, etc)
-Strip the rubber off the wire and expose the wires inside.
-Separate the wires from each other. You will only be using the BLACK and RED wires.
-strip the very end of the black and red wires carefully using a wire cutter exposing the metal wire inside the red and black covering.
-Plug in your home made battery charger to your computer. Careful not to touch any exposed metal, as it will give you a small shock.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE RED AND BLACK WIRE TO TOUCH EACH OTHER
-now carefully hold the black wire to the negative terminal on the battery (it should be noted with a black circle with a - in the middle). Then touch the red wire to the positive terminal (it will be noted with a red circle with a + in the middle).
Hold the 2 wires there for 20 seconds. Then quickly plug the battery back into the phone, and then plug it into a regular charger. Give it little bit of time, if you've done everything correctly the charge light should come on.
I had to repeat the last step again to get the light to turn on indicating it was charging.
You must not hold the wires to the battery for too long, 20 seconds should do it. You can overload a battery with this trick and actually make it explode if you hold it there too long. You are well within the few minutes needed to detonate the battery due to overcharging by sticking very strictly to 20 seconds.
Just be careful and you'll be fine.
One you get a charge light give it a few minutes in the off position, then try powering up the device and keep it plugged in until you get 100% charge.
on Oct 02, 2007 | T-Mobile MDA
on Oct 02, 2007 | Dopod 838 Smartphone
Mar 13, 2015 | Drills
Dec 31, 2010 | Cell Phones
on Oct 02, 2007 | i-mate K-jam Smartphone
on Oct 02, 2007 | Cingular Wireless 8125 Smartphone
Feb 01, 2010 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
Jun 06, 2009 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Jan 06, 2015 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: