Question about Apple MacBook Mac Notebook
My Dad tipped a cup of coffee over this morning and a 'reasonable amount' went over the keyboard. Is his laptop doomed?!
I am not sure which model he has got but it is under a year old.
It might be :-( and usually stuff that lack isn't covered unless you pay extra for a high end warranty.
There are a few things you can do to try to save it though. As long as nothing shorted out (you didn't smell anything burning did you?), chances are a good cleaning could fix it. Are the keys sticking? Most laptops nowadays have a small try under the keyboard to keep stuff away from the vital electronics in case of situation such as yours.
1) Power down the laptop and remove the battery
2) Gently pop the keys around where the spill occurred, just pry them with your finger nail, they should snap right off with a little encouragement
3) Take a damp rag and blot up any remaining spills, or sticky spots, remember liquids and electronics dont mix so go easy on the water.
4) With a dry rag, blot up any remaining wet spots, can hurt to let it sit and air dry for a few minutes as well.
5) Pop all the keys back on and hopefully you'll be all set!
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
There is an increased probability of it getting damaged only if it would be on that time.othetwise you must immediately switch it off and allow it to dry completely
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Dec 13, 2007 | Keurig B100 Coffee Maker
Aug 31, 2011 | Keurig B50 Coffee Maker
Aug 30, 2011 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Jun 13, 2011 | Keurig B60 Coffee Maker
Here is a tip that I wrote that will give you some things to try that will help you get your Keurig coffee brewer working again.
Keurig Coffee Brewer not making a full cup of Coffee
Jan 04, 2011 | Keurig B70 Coffee Maker
Jan 03, 2011 | Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook...
Sep 07, 2010 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Aug 15, 2009 | Keurig B60 Coffee Maker
Nov 27, 2012 | Apple MacBook Mac Notebook
416 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!