Question about Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the
camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and
Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to
see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger
set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the
computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call
setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on
top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.”
And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or
friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and
video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window.
If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display:
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I know this sound a bit silly but......
Check to see if the lens has a protective cover over it like a tranparent plastic sheet or small disc failing that check the focus of the webcam, this is usually no more than a wheel at the lens mount itself, give it a turn as you look at the image on your screen, if it is neither of the above, consult the manafacturers trouble shooting guid in the user manual that came with it, else contact them on their website?
Hope this helps
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
May 08, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Nov 26, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Oct 17, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Oct 14, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Oct 07, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Apr 18, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Feb 20, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 Webcam
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!