I just bought some new vertex 180u radios and a cloning cable. I just do not know how to make it go to the clone mode. (yes I have my old 180 that I will use to clone the new radios to) Please help. I know it has got to be simple if you know the procedure. Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Even with a cloning cable, you cannot always clone. The source radio and receiving radio must (1) be the same exact model, (2) have cloning enabled in the software a dealer used when they were programmed the first time. It sounds like you are doing the correct procedure.
There are several ways:
1) Customer Programming Software (CPS)*
Allows users to perform various programming
functions. Plus, the CPS software provides access
to new features such as Radio Reporting to
manage cloning and radio profiles, Manager Lock,
Power Select, and Time-Out Timers.
* CPS is available as an optional accessory, including required USB cable.
2) Easy Cloning
Quickly copy settings from radio to radio with
either the Radio-to-Radio Cloning Cable or the
Multi-Unit Charger accessories. (Both sold
You should be able to purchase any of this software/equipment from your retailer where you purchased the radio.
Now, you can find different types of clone such as Gaming, E-Commerce, Social Media, Music, Digital Marketing
for all purpose.
You can try Best of Clone scripts site to improve your work and business so it may helpful for you.
Cloning Procedure: (The content of radio A is to be duplicated into radio B)
1. Turn off radio A and turn on radio B.
2. Connect the cloning cable (NKN6376A) to the Universal Connector of both radio A and radio B.
3. Place the PL switch on radio A to the carrier squelch position for full cloning, or the PL position for partial cloning. Full cloning will duplicate the content of radio A to radio B, except for the deviation and squelch settings. Partial cloning is recommended due to deviation variations from radio to radio. (Later version MT1000's (B model for 6, 16, and 99 channel portables; A model for 8 channel) have partial cloning.)
4. Simultaneously depress the PTT and Monitor button on radio A and hold.
5. Turn on radio A. The green LED turns off. Release the PTT and the Monitor button on radio A (HT600's and older MT1000's (A model for 16 and 99 channel portables) beep when cloning is complete). Turn radios "off and on" to reset.
6. Cloning is complete once the green LED turns off. Release both the PTT and Monitor button on radio A. Turn radio A off and on to reset.
For MDC front covers (NTN5456, NTN5457, NTN5458, NTN5459, and NTN6009B), make sure that radio B is turned on before it is connected to the cloning cable.
All VHF wideband radios (146-174MHz) are "C" model radios. A "C" model radio can be cloned only to/from another "C" model radio. An attempt to clone a "C" model radio to an "A" or "B" model radio will result in an unsuccessful cloning attempt.
Any unsuccessful cloning attempt (depending on operating condition of the radio) will result in one of the following alerts:
1. in receive (rotary radio) - 1600Hz continuous alert tone
2. in receive (display radios) - 88 displayed on LCD
3. in transmit - 1600Hz beeping alert tone
How To Clone a BPR40 Radio Cloning duplicates the contents of your radio (master radio) into the new radio (slave radio). Tuning and alignment information are not affected by cloning.
Set Up the Master Radio
1. Turn off the radio. 2. Press and hold Programmable Button 1 (the top programmable button) and turn on the radio. Keep pressing the Programmable Button 1 until beep is heard twice. 3. Release Programmable Button 1. Notice the LED changes to RED
Set Up the Slave Radio 1. Turn off the radio. 2. Press and hold Programmable Button 1(the top programmable button) and turn on the radio. Keep pressing Programmable Button 1 until the beep is heard three times. 3. Release Programmable Button 1. Notice that the LED changes to GREEN
BPR40 Radio to Radio Cloning Procedures 1. Connect the cloning cable to both the Master and Slave radio. 2. Press and release Programmable Button 1 of the Slave radio. 3. Within 2 seconds Press and release Programmable Button 1 of the Master radio. 4. The LED for both radios show flashing orange during cloning. 5. Once cloning is completed, an
MTS2000 software will operate on Win98 and possibly XP, depending on the revision number you have. Yes, you can clone if the model number is the same. It will clone the entire codeplug of the radio. (Note: you will not have 2 same serial numbers. These are unique to the individual radio.)
These radios support cloning parameters between a master and slave radio.
Cloning only transfers the user's settings from the master radio to the
slave. Things like tuning values, serial number, etc. are not changed.
To clone a master radio to a slave (target), perform the following:
Make sure both radios are off
Connect the cloning cable between the two radios through the programming
Turn on the slave radio
Press and hold the "A" button on the master radio and turn it on
The master radio will display CLONE if cloning can proceed, otherwise
an error will be displayed
The slave radio will display PROG while it is being programmed
When cloning is complete, the master radio will display END and the
slave radio will reset automatically