Your printer is keeps on blinking maybe because theirs a lot of pending documents pending in queue.
Please follow these instructions on how to clear it.
Please check the following before you go and proceed to the troubleshooting:
Solution #1 Clear the print jobs
- Make sure that the computer is on.
- Make sure that the USB cable is connected to both device (your printer & computer)
- Close any open applications on your computer. (Microsoft word, power point excel & etc.,)
- Download the "HP print diagnostic utility" click here to download.
- After downloading the tool, (print diagnostic utility) save it to your computer.
- Run the tool, then select the printer that your using, then start scanning the problems on the printer.
- It will tells you if theirs a problem with the connectivity, ports, print jobs stuck in queue and etc.,
- If the problem appears, theirs should be a "Fix" button available or "uninstall the driver".
- If theirs a fix button, clink on it to fix the issue, now if its telling you to uninstall the driver.
- Restart the computer, then if you have to computer boot up and running again. Install the driver for the printer. To get the latest driver that suites to your computer click here.
- It will ask you to select your operating system, (win xp, vista or 7) then click on next. Now it will ask you what software do you wish to download, click on "Drivers" then look for "HP Deskjet full feature software and drivers" click on it.
- Download the software and save it.
- Run the software and install it.
If you have the printer working, you don't need to troubleshoot further. If you are still having problem, continue to the next solution.
Solution #2 Power cycle both devices (printer and computer)
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power button
- Unplug or disconnect the power chord at the back of the printer.
- Completely shut down your computer.
- Wait for 1min.
- Plug the power cable back in to the printer, then turn it on.
- Try to print something on your computer. It should be working fine now.
If your still having same issue, you now need to service the printer. contact HP's printer support department to have your printer trade in @ 1-800-474-6836.
Good Luck :)