If i buy a sky plus box will it work with my existing sky dish in place of my existing standard sky box, or will my dish need modifying / upgrading. I don't need HD or to use two boxes together. JAWAMOPED.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
have you checked the cables to the lmb ( dish ).... or take the dish cables out of the back of the sky box. wet your finger and put finger on to the centre and out part of the cable connector that some times works. faling that the sky box may need a factory rest or is damaged or the lmb has gone.
Firstly, you don't get Freeview through your Sky box. If you are watching Freeview channels then it's from an aerial connection. If you are getting a 'No signal' message on your TV, the first things to check are:
1. Check that you have selected the correct input source on your TV. If you are using a 'co-ax' connection (standard aerial cable) you will have to select this manually from the remote. If you are using a SCART connection, all you need to do is turn the Sky box off and back on - but you've done this already.
2. Check the connection from your Sky box to your TV - disconnect it, check that the cable and connectors aren't damaged then re-connect it.
3. Check the cable between the dish and the Sky box. Unplug this from the Sky box and reconnect it.
4. Check that your viewing card is correctly inserted. This is unlikely to be the problem as it doesn't usually result in a 'no signal' message, but remove it and re-insert it anyway.
Finally, it's very windy tonight and this can affect the Sky signal if your Sky dish isn't properly secured. It's possible that your dish has been moved by the wind and is no longer aligned with the satellite. If none of the above work, you should inspect the dish as soon as conditions are safe enough to do so. If you can move it by hand, it can probably be moved by the wind.
Try these tests and post back and I will try to assist further if the problem has not been resolved.
If your problem has been solved, please be generous and award this solution 4 thumbs-up. This service has been provided FREE - your simple acknowledgement is appreciated. Thanks.
If you have a blueray or HD DVD player I would connect using a gold plated HDMI cable from the TV to the DVD, make sure that you buy the correct HDMI version for your TV. If you don't have a HS DVD player recorder then use a HQ SCART as below.
Most SKY+ boxes still have a SCART connection I suggest that you buy a HQ gold plated ribbon connector to connect the SKY to one of your AV (audio visual) channels. The benefit of using SCART is that it will autoselect the AV channel when SKY is taken out of standby.
You will not need to connect using co-axial cables these are pretty much redundant now as you can get all your channels through your SKY dish.
Also if you live in a poor reception area and your TV has freeview built in SKY is your better option.
1) your dish may have been moved/knocked. this could be weather, kids football and most common WINDOW CLEANERS.
2) The F connector (the end that screws into your sky box. I would check this has not came out or the ends not falling off the cable.
You can unscrew these by hand. what you are then looking for is that none of the outer braid is touching the centre core. If this all looks good then screw the end back onto the cable.
3) If your sky box is Old. the tuner in the box eventually pack up. So this would mean that you would have to get a new box.
There are a lot of people upgrading there sky systems. So rather then pay for another box you could always go down the club and ask your pals if they have there old box before they upgraded.
Hope this Helps
Little Dish Fitter
p.s if you live in Newcastle I could sort this out for you!
not sure on what dish system in use - but if you are running a sky box or freeview the box will reset it self when turned off- if so do away with ch.60 and fit av(scrat) lead to back of tv. & box.and progames will autom. come up on av channel.if this dose'nt work drop me an e-mail with more detail of your system and I'll try again. firstname.lastname@example.org P.