Question about Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television

1 Answer

Flyback Transformer How do you remove the two red wires from the flyback transfomer without breaking them.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 301 Answers

You can remove them from the splitter and the focus block. the same leads should come with the new FBT.

Posted on Feb 20, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I want to find a flyback transfomer number in model no kv-21m3a(sony)

Look at MCM electronics. They have a huge line of flybacks there.. and sony is a common brand that they seem to carry.

Jan 05, 2015 | Televison & Video

1 Answer


my tv sunsui b2b 21 sound is not coming

Jul 02, 2013 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

R56wh78 rca 56 in.. need help .. was wondering if any one new how to remove the wires from the flyback.. the ones that sit on the flyback itself.. or do they even come off.. i am replacing my whole...

your model has the 270125 which has sealed wires in the flyback which cannot be removed they have to be removed from the other end UP front and have to stay in the flyback.

Aug 17, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

I need to change the flyback of my TV Philips of rear projection model 50P8341. I do not Know how to remove the damage flyback. First, I tried to remove the anodes that are connected to each of the three...

Leave the CRT's alone!!!!! You will ruin them. The red wires come out of the Fly-back. Pull the rubber caps up and then with a twisting motion pull each red wire out 1 at a time.

Apr 27, 2011 | Philips 50P8341 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Red and green shadows screen curled

there are three fuses locate nest to the flyback transfomer HV to the lower right they are brown square one of them is open and can be replaced with a 4 amp pico fuse that should fix you right up while in ther check the solder joints on the flyback

Dec 02, 2009 | RCA HD56W66 56" HDTV

1 Answer

I have a 52 inch rca model#d52w15 im trying to take out the flyback and cant get the red wire on top of it out. now how do i take out the red wire??

after you lift the ribber cover located on top of the hvt you'll see two grooves in the plastic near where the red wire goes in,you'll also see a hard plastic ring that locks into the two grooves i mentioned. find a pair of needle nose pliers thin enough to press on both grooves at the samr time while pulling on the red wire without breaking the plastic ring.

Jul 30, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Wires going to flyback transfomer

Wires going into the flyback are not removable but are integral to the flyback. The three wires comming out the flyback are the thick red one (anode button) which attaches to the tube is removed by pinching the button to release the clips on the tube. The other wire probably white is removed by unsoldering it from the small board on the neck of the tube and the 3rd and last wire is probably black, this is the one you may have your issue. To remove this wire, you must disassemble the tube socket..look for two tabs..pry open gently and seperate. Then with a small jewelers you'll be able to release the black wire..hope this helps.

Jan 25, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Flyback install

IT twisted off turn clock wise and wirer should come out red is easyer to remove,1 goes to high voltage tripper red black goes to focus&screen drive controls.

Sep 15, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer


We got a new D-Board and we are trying to unhook the wires from the old flyback transfomer without breaking them.

Feb 20, 2008 | Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Please help

sorry about that my new email is Willie@FORDTV.COM These are some of the hardest cables to remove. the black wire will come out but you have to pull straight up and with some force. with steady force not quick jerck or you can break the wire. the big red wire usally has a clip gromet under the boot slide the rubber boot up the wire. remove this gromet is difficut. i usally break about 75percent of the one i try to remove. some technicians say freeze spray helps..i never use it the groment holds the wire in the hole there are two slots on the side you that push in.. question did the new flyback on the board have a groment..just in case break the old one?

Feb 07, 2008 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television Logo

Related Topics:

226 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75774 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1689 Answers

Are you a Sony Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides