Question about Brother MFC-9440CN Laser Printer
Thanks for using FixYa. You’ll need to reset the toner menu to resolve the issue. Please follow these step-by-step instructions:-
1. Power on the machine and open the toner access main door. A ‘door open’ message will be flashed in the panel.
2. Now press the "Clear/Back" button to enter “Toner Reset Menu”.
3. Use the up ^ or Down > "Search" arrow buttons to scroll the reset options for each of the printer's toner cartridges - Code: B = black; C=cyan; M =magenta and Y=yellow
4. You can select the reset option for the cartridges to low yield=s or High Yield=h.
5. By using the number keypad select option #1 to reset each to the size you have installed.
6. Press the "Clear/Back" button again to get out of the menu and close the door.
You may also opt for Toner Save Mode to enhance the cartridge life. To select it open Printers -> go to default printer's icon -> Printing Preferences-> Advanced Settings-> select "Printer Functions" -> select Toner Save Mode from menu and turn it "on".
However this is not recommended for grayscale or photo printing. Now switch the printer on and print a test page and see the results.
If still the issue is not resolved then you’ll need to replace the drum unit.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2011 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jan 28, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 04, 2009 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 21, 2009 | Brother DCP-9040CN Laser Printer
Jul 01, 2009 | OKI B4600n Printer
Nov 07, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 21, 2008 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!