a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TomTom's GPS devices provide consumers with portable navigation solutions. Download maps, view turn by turn updates and listen to spoken directions on trips across town or across the country. TomTom has a variety of GPS products, but basic use and inputting destination information are almost identical across the board. If you're just taking your TomTom out of the box, you'll need to perform a few extra steps to complete set up. I am listing the 7 steps to use TomTom below;
1. Ensure your TomTom unit is fully charged. A full charge requires approximately two hours. Power the unit by pressing and holding the "On/Off" button for approximately two seconds. Make sure you are in an unobstructed area. Wait for the Tom Tom to power up and acquire a satellite signal.
2. Answer the on-screen questions to set up your device. The questions only appear if this is the first time you've used your Tom Tom. Otherwise, the driving view and your current location will be displayed.
3. Tap the center of the screen to open the main menu. Tap "Navigate To" and then tap "Address."
4. Choose the option that describes how you wish to enter the address you are navigating to. You may tap "City Center," "Street and House Number," "Zip Code" or "Cross Street or Intersection." To enter an exact address, choose the "Street and House Number" option.
5. Type in the requested information by tapping the letters or numbers on the screen. As you type, matching town and street names will appear in a list format. Choose the correct option from the list when it is displayed by tapping it. If prompted, enter the house number by tapping the corresponding numbers on the screen. When you are finished, tap "Done".
6. Select "Yes" or "No" when asked if you need to arrive at a particular time. If "Yes" is chosen, follow the instructions to enter in the desired arrival time.
Finally, follow the on screen and spoken directions to reach your destination.
The maps are purchased from the post office. The post office locally will many times call your address other than the legal address for various and sundry reasons. Please check with your local officials and you will see what your legal address is. I found this out working for the Census.
The TomTom only needs for you to enter your destination address. Once that's in, you're ready to go. Along your route you can tap the center of the screen to find POINTS OF INTEREST such as FOOD, LODGING, etc...but will retain destination info 'til either cleared or changed to new destination.
To enter your destination, tap center of screen. There you choose house address, business address or city's center. If you choose street address screen opens to:keyboard. Type in destination State, ie; Maryland. Once you've typed state, hit DONE in bottom right corner. The screen then goes to CITY. Type in destination city then hit done again. Follow the same steps for STREET NAME & HOUSE #. Click DONE & CONTINUE as prompted. TomTom will then target your location and you're ready to hit the road. It will show you your distance and time (ETA). It will also show you the speed limit where you are and the actual speed you are going.
When you pull over for gas, food, lodging, shopping, sight-seeing or whatever, it will automatically account for this and will continuously update your coordinates to get you back to the highway/road you need to be on. And when you're ready to come back to MI all you have to do is hit the home icon and it will automatically map your trip back.(Home is - or should be - set to the home address of the owner of the GPS).
All-in-All it is user friendly and very simple to use.
If you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask.
I hope this info was helpful to you. Good Luck!
Have a great trip and drive safely. :-)
Unfortunately not on the average GPS of which TOMTOM is Some of the more expensive models allow you to do a street name search. Many of these types are those in expensive cars though Mercedes, Volvo, prius
It searches the database for street names. keep typing your street name until it is the only one availiable. If it cannot find your street, then either: you are spelling it wrong, you have the wrong city/state or the street is newer than the database
All tomtoms are more or less the same. You tap the screen to make selections.
Switch on , let it boot up / Tap the screen / Then tap " Navigate to" / then tap "address" / Then tap either "City centre" or " Street and House Number , or Postcode " ( you select one of these by tapping screen ) . Lets say you just tapped "Postcode" . A keypad will appear on the screen for you to enter a postcode. NOW, enter the postcode ... as you enter the postcode , streetnames will appear and you can either continue to enter the postcode OR you can choose one of the street names that appear. Once you have done this , the tomtom will ask you to select a "house number" . if you don't know the number then just 'try' selecting number 1 . Once you have done this , select "Done" and the tomtom will switch for that screen to the "route calculation screen" . if you now tap the screen once more your tomtom will start giving you direction both visual and audible , to your destination . ( you must begin to move before it will start ) . ....................... Once you have completed the journey , you can now cancel the navigation by once again tapping the screen , then use the "right arrow icon" to move through the menue screens. When you see an icon with a RED CROSS through it , and underneath it says " clear route" , select that by tapping and the route / navigation will be cleared. ... Good luck , hope this helps.
On TomTom Go at least: Change preferences/change Home location/ Then select from several options. If you are at your home location then fastest is to select "my location", next easiest is to select "Address", then "Street and number"