This printer hasn't had all that much use but when you print something, especially in color the left hand side has an uneven section about an inch or more wide that prints in a very faded orange color. You can still recognize what it is, but it looks just horrible. Any suggestion on what we might need to clean or replace to repair this?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Tracy, If faded prints happen
even after replacing the toner cartridge or if your current cartridge has
enough toner, it is most likely be
due to dust at the laser reflecting mirrors inside the printer. I have worked/ serviced similar Laserjet Color Printer with same issue. Actually,
faded prints are due the the dust/
toner dust accumulated on the optics (mirrors and lenses) inside the
printer, which refect the laser beams to form prints. Hence the image is
not produced properly. This needs professional hands for servicing and cleaning of the optics inside the printer. Rest
assure that the printer requires ONLY CLEANING OF THE MIRRORS, which
are inside the printer. So, it is advised that you get the printer
serviced by any printer repair/ service professional.
(Please note that the mirrors, lenses and scanner assembly inside such
printers is extremely complex and can get damaged very easily
especially the mirrors).
Hope it would help. If you need any clarification, let me know Good Luck! CreativeTECH
This type of printing defect is normally caused by 1 of a few problems - the easier one first:
1. Toner cartridges sometimes do not have the toner evenly distributed - close the toner cartridge and inspect the hopper right below it for even distribution of toner.
The harder ones:
2. This type of defect can also be caused by dirty charging section - for the drum to pick up the toner it must be charged electrically prior to exposure - if the charge grid is not clean then it will not give the drum an even charge - not sure were this is in this printer yet - looks like it comes as part of the drum kit so this should not be causing this issue.
3. The last and most difficult to check is paper alignment with the drum - is the paper contacting the drum evenly - look for possible problems in the paper path with the drum unit removed - look for something uneven around the area were the paper contacts the drum
Don't ever use compataable cartridge for printing . (1)Check for printer sleave damage.... (2) check for any noise from printer when printing noise from fuser section. (3).. Print a Demo color level page ... (4)Check for scaner section ......
I have a SCX-4100 Samsung, replaced the tonger cartridge, it was working fine for a few hundred sheets of printing, but after that, the left side of the page was printed very light, faded. If I run the "Clean Drum", it will print a litter better, but still faded. What can I do to correct this problem? Thank you TT