Question about Car Audio & Video
Well you can please follow the below steps -
1. Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable from the terminal. Ensure the cable is secure to keep it from touching any metal parts (because it causes earthing problems).
2. Cut a wire coat hanger into two 8-inch pieces and bend them into a "U" shape. Locate the locking pin holes, two on each side of the stereo, and adjust the hangers to fit on each side. Push the hangers into the holes and apply pressure towards the outside of the head unit until you hear the tabs snap into place.
3. Pull the stereo out of the dash and disconnect the wires from behind the unit. Secure the new head unit into the Ford radio adapter kit.
4. Connect the wiring harness adapter onto the old harness and plug the connection and antenna wire into the back of the new stereo. Push the radio assembly into the Taurus dash taking care not to kink the wires. Listen for the pins to snap into place.
5. Secure the negative cable to the battery and turn the stereo on. Test the speakers and controls to verify they are working properly. Please post comments if you need more help or information.........
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Dec 12, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Feb 22, 2015 | 1988 Ford Taurus
Jul 28, 2011 | 1994 Ford Taurus
Feb 09, 2011 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks
Jan 26, 2011 | 1990 Ford Taurus
May 23, 2010 | 1996 Ford Taurus
Apr 03, 2010 | 1994 Ford Taurus
Sep 21, 2009 | 1995 Ford Taurus
Mar 22, 2009 | 1996 Ford Taurus
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!