Question about Computers & Internet
Download these drivers and unzip the files to a folder.
Now, perform the below steps :
1. Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Printer>Add Printer
2. Select Local Printer not Network Printer!
3. Create new port Standard TCP/IP port, port 9100 RAW.
4. Select "Have Disk" and browse to driver downloaded and extracted to the folder above.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
To use the Magicolor with Vista 64 or Windows 7 you must have firmware release 2.85. Go to menu on printer scroll to special pages, then print configuration page. It will print a page which has your firmware version. If you need to update firmware follow these instructions carefully. Once firmware is 2.85 you can use XP X64 driver from Minolta web site. You will need to do this from an XP machine hooked to 2300DL with parallel cable on LPT1.
ftp://ftp.printer.konicaminolta.net/pub/drivers/other/23dlfw285s.zip download and unzip this.
Procedure to Update the Firmware
Connect the Magicolor 2300 Desklaser to the PC using a parallel cable.
Do NOT reboot the PC or printer engine while code is downloading. Do NOT disconnect the power,
Ethernet or parallel cable while code is downloading. If the downloading of the code is interrupted
in ANY way, the controller board will be destroyed.
Konica Minolta Printing Solutions can not be held liable for damage as result of incorrect firmware
To upgrade the printer firmware:
1. Make sure the parallel cable is connected with PC and printer.
2. Turn on the PC, but don’t turn on the printer yet.
3. Ensure that the most recent Konica-Minolta MC2300DL printer driver is installed locally on your PC.
4. From Windows Start menu, choose Settings/Printers.
5. Right-click the printer icon or name, and then choose properties from the pop-up menu.
6. Depending on your operating system, choose either the Ports tab or the Details tab.
7. Write down the name of the port selected and the set the port to “file”.
8. Check if any other printers you may have on your system have “LPT1” selected in the Ports tab. If
so, change these ports to “file” as well.
9. Close the printer driver dialog box.
10. Turn on the printer.
Run the Paraupdate.bat
11. The firmware updating tool starts up.
The PC screen will display the following message:
press any key to continue
12. Press any key, firmware installation will start, wait until you see the message
Wait for reboot
Press any key to continue
Now, wait until the printer has rebooted completely, after this press any key. The firmware
13. After the printer has restarted and IDLE displays in the printer’s control panel message window,
print a configuration page (Special pages/Print Config Page menu) to verify that the Controller
Firmware Version listed is v2.85s.
Let me know, if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2010 | Konica Minolta Magicolor 2530 DL Laser...
Feb 03, 2010 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2300DL Laser...
Nov 14, 2009 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2300DL Laser...
May 19, 2009 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2300DL Laser...
May 19, 2009 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2430 DL Laser...
Apr 01, 2009 | Minolta magicolor 2300W Laser Printer
Nov 28, 2007 | Minolta magicolor 2300W Laser Printer
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!