Question about Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
My harmony 550 displays safe mode . how do i fix it ?
Hi . Here's how to fix it and get your remote out of safe mode:
1. Connect your remote to the computer.
2. Launch the Harmony Remote Software, and log in.
3. Click "Downloads" at the top and click "Firmware"
4. The remote will go through the firmware update.
5. Select "Yes", and click NEXT to update the remote.
Voila! Hope this can help
Posted on Mar 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: harmony 550 in safe mode
To get out of safe mode, do a firmware update from your PC. This will install the latest firmware and your configuration. Safe mode is a bootstrap designed to recover from firmware corruption issues so about the only thing it knows how to do is reload firmware.
However, if the remote fails to communicate with the PC when it is stuck in Safe Mode, please try the following.
1. Remove the batteries from the remote & check for any stuck buttons especially the Power button that may be causing the remote to stay in this state.
2. If it still will not apply firmware to get out of safe mode, then still without batteries hold down the #2 button while plugging into USB, and it should exit Safe Mode, and say something similar to 'Firmware Upgrade Success'. Even though it says this, still perform the Firmware upgrade since it was stuck in Safe Mode to begin with.
Posted on Aug 29, 2009
I thought this link might help get your Harmony 550 working again:
Hope this helps!!!
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 03, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Televison & Video
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 LCD Remote Control
Feb 07, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Aug 18, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 966208 Remote Control
Aug 05, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Nov 29, 2007 | Logitech Harmony 550 LCD Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Advanced...
677 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: