Question about Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2 RS Video Recorder
If you need to delete your harddrive completely you can do so by formatting it.
To do this you will need a copy of windows. If you have one then do the following. Do you have a windows xp disc or other ?
1. Boot from CD ( place the cd in the drive, and reboot the pc)
2. During the intitial startup process it will say "Press any key to boot from cd.."
* If it does not do this, reboot the pc and press esc key or delete repeatedly to access the system bios. Navigate threw these menus with the arrow keys on your keyboard. There will be an option for boot order. Make sure you select CD-ROM as the first boot option.
3. Repeat step 2 if you had to set cd-rom as first boot option.
4. Once you press a key, a blue screen will come up with a grey bar at the bottom It will begin loading files. You will then be presented with a few options. Select recovery console.
5.In a moment you will see text on a black screen with the prompt flashing. Type FORMAT C:
It should then start formatting your drive. Your HDD will then be clear of data.
Post back if you have any problems with the following steps. If you have any other questions or comments feel free to post them. I will assist you further if needed.
Thank you for choosing Fixya
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2013 | Computers & Internet
on Oct 25, 2016 | iCare Recovery Software iCare Data...
Apr 01, 2013 | Computers & Internet
May 16, 2011 | Kingston (S40J107) Hard Drive
FreeUndelete restores deleted files, including those removed from Windows Recycle Bin. In case of accidental removal of files on a NTFS (1.0 and 2.0) (default for Windows Vista , XP, 2000 and NT), FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12 file systems this is the utility to help.
Supported file systems:
NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
The recovered files are saved into a new user-selected location to prevent overwriting the deleted files on the original media. hope this helps
Apr 10, 2011 | Panasonic SDR-H85 Silver 80GB Hard Disk...
Sep 14, 2010 | Iomega HDD External Desktop (32660) 80 GB...
Jun 06, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB...
May 30, 2009 | LaCie 500GB d2 Quadra 500 GB USB 2.0 Hard...
Nov 10, 2008 | Iomega HDD External Desktop (32660) 80 GB...
462 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: