Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Let us perform some steps to isolate the issue and find a fix for it.
Please perform the following steps and let me know the message that will be displayed on the printer.
1) Press and hold the “*” key.
2) Press the “#” key and release both keys.
3) Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
4) Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
5) Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
6) Press and release the “OK” button.
7) Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
8) Press and release the “OK” button.
9) Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
10) Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
11) Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
12) Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
13) Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer.
14) Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
15) Press Setup menu on the All-in-One then scroll using the arrow key and select Print Report then select Self Test Report.
The above is a chat log from an HP Tech Support.
Let me know, if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response.
Nov 21, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 02, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 24, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: