Question about HP iPAQ hw6500 Pocket PC
Device will not charge on A/C or USB port. Screen is very, very, very dim. Do I need a new battery? This device will not charge, can not pull up information on it, screen is very dim. This device is used as a PDA and not connected to a phone service.
G-r-r-r-r-r-r-r...I've listed the details above, it keeps asking for more details...device is black, hp logo in upper left, blinking red light, won't charge, tiny grey keys, purchased in 2006.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, The Hw6500 dont have any keylock/display lock. thats why we released it with the hard plastic cover over the display, so you can have it against your ear without pressing the display all the time.
Posted on Sep 08, 2005
Hi, I have same problem. After upgrade bios to version 1.10 my ipaq h1940 don`t start windows. When switch ON appears HP logo, time line go to end, and ipaq stay block. No possible switch OFF and no starting windows.
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
SOURCE: HP Ipaq rz1710
Have u recharged it????
try to reboot it. there is a small hull in the bottom on left side, push in it with the pin u have tp your PDA. that will reboot the system
Posted on Jan 04, 2008
SOURCE: Ipaq hw6500 wont turn on
If the battery was inserted to the unit prior to its storage, it might be the cause. Try charging battery directly in its cradle overnight or use new battery pack. If not then its hardware and/or formware problem. Sometimes electronic gadgets fail to work after prolonged storage due to to capacitor/condenser in its circuitry.
Posted on Mar 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2017 | HP iPAQ rx1950 Pocket PC
Mar 02, 2017 | HP iPAQ RX3115 Pocket PC
NOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.In the event of a low backup battery warning, charge the unit immediately before removing the main battery to avoid data loss. To view the amount of charge left in the backup battery, tap Start, Settings, the System tab, and Power.
Charging with the universal desktop cradle and AC adapter Use the universal desktop cradle to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC, or synchronize the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with a computer.
Follow these steps to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the universal desktop cradle:
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect the other end of the AC adapter to the AC connector on the universal desktop cradle.
- Connect the serial or USB cradle cable into the appropriate port on the desktop PC.Figure : Connecting with the cradle
- Slide the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC into the cradle and push firmly to seat it.CAUTION: To avoid damaging the HP iPAQ Pocket PC or the cradle, make sure the pins are aligned before pushing the HP Pocket PC into the cradle.
Figure : Charging with the universal desktop cradle
- AC adapter into electrical outlet
- AC adapter into universal desktop cradle
- HP iPAQ Pocket PC into cradleNOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.There are stabilizers located in the universal desktop cradle that assist in aligning the unit when there is no expansion pack attached. When placing the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with an expansion pack attached into the universal desktop cradle, the stabilizers will be pushed down by the expansion pack. To release the stabilizers for use without an expansion pack, press the button on the back of the cradle.
Charging with the optional USB Autosync cable Charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the optional USB Autosync cable by connecting the Autosync cable to the HP Pocket PC and the personal computer. The HP Pocket PC will be charged using power from the personal computer.
For more information on charging the HP Pocket PC using the optional USB autosync cable, from the Today screen, tap Start, Settings, the Systemtab, Power, the USB Charging tab, Settings, and Help.
Charging a low battery The HP iPAQ Pocket PC will not turn on if the battery has a low charge (less than 3.2 Volts). Fully charge the battery prior to using the HP Pocket PC.
If the charge on the battery goes below the 3.2 Volts as a result of not being connected to the universal desktop cradle or the AC adapter, no damage will occur to the battery. However, the HP iPAQ Pocket PC charge indicator light will not flash until the battery reaches the minimum charge of 3.2 Volts and a normal reset is performed.
Follow these steps to charge and reset the HP iPAQ Pocket PC:
Keep the HP iPAQ Pocket PC connected to the universal desktop cradle or AC adapter when it is not in use.
- Connect the HP iPAQ Pocket PC to an A/C power supply.
- Charge the battery to the minimum level of 3.2 Volts (this will take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the current charge level).
- Perform a normal reset by using the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Turn on the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
Aug 25, 2017 | HP iPAQ H1945 Pocket PC
Apr 20, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Mar 27, 2008 | HP iPAQ hw6500 Pocket PC
Jan 25, 2008 | HP iPAQ RX3115 Pocket PC
Sep 08, 2005 | HP iPAQ hw6500 Pocket PC
364 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!