Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I've got the same proble. It seems that there's a possibility to reset the cartiges, but works only on windows and I've got a mac. Maybe it will help you.
1. Download "mptool" software, it's the software you'll use to reset
2. Connect the usb cable to the printer and to the computer
3. Disconnect the printer's power cable from wall jack
4. Press the start button on the printer an KEEP IT PRESSED
5. While keeping it pressed reconect the power jack
6. Still keeping the power button pressed when it becomes green, (don't release it) press the reset button (the first button from the left of the power button)
7. The yellow error led should light up and the New Hardware Instalation wizard should appear on your desktop; click the automatic install, or use the instalation cd's.
8. Now you can release the power button
9. Use the mptool to reset the cartiges
10. Restart the printer
Now it should work, let me know if it worked please email@example.com
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
May 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 19, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 15, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP210 InkJet Printer
Feb 24, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 15, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: