Question about Brother MFC-7820N Laser Printer
On my mfc-7820n (on print settings) the right margin is set at '80' which I assume to mean 8.00", the left is at '0'.
When printing address labels, which come to me as printed to pdf, the labels are too far to the left so that on the last (right) column the first few letters are cut off.
I asssume there is a connection and I wanted to try to set either both margins at zero or both to 0.12", but I cannot find anywhere how to set/change the margin.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Print quality bad
To clear white vertical lines from printed documents follow the steps listed below:
NOTE: The use of non-Brother or generic toner may cause white vertical lines.
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum units and/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability.
The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
1. First, power OFF the unit for safety. The ON/OFF switch is located on the left, rear side of the unit.
2. Open the scanner cover by pulling the blue lever located below the control panel toward you and lifting the cover. Make sure the cover is completely open.
3. Remove the drum unit by holding each side of the drum by its handles and gently lifting the drum forward (toward) you.
4. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposablepaper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner. Make sure thedirections and DR-250 stickers are facing you.
5. With the drum removed from the Brother machine, clean the laser glass. The laser glass is located inside the Brother machine where the drum was located. It is a piece of glass, about 1/2 inch wide and approximately 8 inches long, located on the bottom of the inside. Gently wipe the glass with a clean soft DRY cloth. DO NOT use isopropyl alcoholor any liquid to clean the glass.
6. Gently pull up on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge toward you until it stops. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by gently sliding it out of the drum unit. ***Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe it off or wash it with cold water.
7. Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge. Then, reset the toner into the drum (be sure it clicks into place). Gently push on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge away from you until it stops.
8. With the DR-250 sticker facing you turn the drum upside down. There is a blue tab located on the right side. Slide the blue tab back and forth seven times to clean the corona wire. When finished, make sure the blue tab is locked to the right side of the drum.
9. Reset drum unit in Brother machine. Close the cover securely.
Print the help list to test the unit by pressing the REPORTS key located on the control panel and then (1) on the dial pad.
If the white vertical lines still continue, the drum unit will need to
If the purchase date of the original drum or replacement drum is less than 90 days (within the warranty of the drum), contact Brother Customer Service Center at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) . The center is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 7:00 pm EST, excluding holidays.
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
I eventually managed to print my labels one sheet at a time by forcing the label top edge down the page. You can insert one or two lines above the label template and adjust the font size to get the right distance. It took a bit of trial & error but got there in the end. Hope it helps you
Posted on Dec 11, 2008
SOURCE: Dots on the left side margin
This problem comes from drum cartridge, you may try:
1) take out drum cartidge open drum cover clean the surface at leftside(using soft brush) and check drum surface at leftside, there is damage if you see the color surface appear a broken-ring at leftside(the color changed), you have to change new drum cartridge,
2) sometimes cause cartidge clean brush dirty can not do well cleaning job, just clean this parts at leftside well then turning drum a little there is no toner appear at surfac leftside if ok.
Posted on Dec 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2014 | Texas Instruments TI 880 Matrix Printer
Aug 24, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP610 InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2011 | HP LaserJet 3015 All-In-One Printer
Apr 10, 2010 | Brother MFC-7820N Laser Printer
Jun 29, 2009 | Lexmark P3150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 02, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 27, 2008 | Brother GX-6750 Typewriter
Oct 28, 2007 | Brother MFC-7820N Laser Printer
Mar 27, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!