Question about Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker
I have one - lost the instructions. How do I steam rice in this?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Cooking Rice
Ironically, I came to this site with the same questin you posted. I just found my manual. This is how tha manual tells you to steam rice:
Place one of the steamer baskets on the steamer base.
Place 1 cup of rice and 10 ozs of water in the rice bowl.
Place the rice bowl on the steamer basket and cover the steamer.
Set timer for approximately 32 minutes, depending on your taste.
Posted on Jan 16, 2008
You can just go to a web site and look search for Rice Cooker Steamer. And find some important information.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
SOURCE: I lost the instruction manual
Welcome to FixYa. My name is Max and I'm the expert who chose your situation to fix. If you find my solution satisfactory, please award me a "FixYa" rating. Now for your question.
All of the rice cooker makers advise: a 2:1 ratio That is, 2 cups of water for every cup of rice.
Thanks again for using FixYa!
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
here is the link to Back & decker rice cookers Manuals
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Here are the instructions that came with the cooker:
Cooking times may vary due to variations in microwave ovens. Adjust cooking times for best results in your oven.
To Cook Rice:
1. Remove basket.
2. Pour 1 cup of uncooked rice into the bottom of the basket, rinse rice thoroughly with cold water.
3. Transfer the rinsed rice from the basket to the bottom of the cooker.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 tsp salt (salt is optional).
5. Secure lid and lock clamps. Open vent holes.
6. Microwave on medium setting (50%) for 10 - 12 minutes (white rice) or 18-20 (brown rice).
7. Remove from microwave, close vent holes and let stand with the lid fastened for 4-5 minutes (the steam continues to cook the rice.)
8. Remove rice from the cooker and fluff with a fork.
Yields: 3 cups of cooked rice or 4 to 6 servings.
Cooking Potatoes and Vegetables:
1. Insert Basket.
2. Pour one cup of water plus 1/4 tsp. salt into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Peel vegetables (if desired), cut into evenly sized pieces and place inside basket.
4. Secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes.
5. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave and let stand with lid fastened for 3-4 minutes (the steam continues to cook the vegetables.)
1. Remove basket and lid (lid not used initially for preparing pasta inside the microwave).
2. Pour 2 cups (5 oz.) of uncooked noodles into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Add 2 1/2 cups water.
4. Microwave on high setting 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave, stir noodles, secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes. Let stand for 3-4 minutes.
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 30, 2014 | Nordic Ware Kitchen Appliances - Others
Apr 04, 2010 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Jan 31, 2010 | Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker
Oct 09, 2009 | Nordic Ware Kitchen Appliances - Others
Sep 01, 2008 | Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker
Mar 19, 2008 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Sep 24, 2007 | Tefal 61605 Steam Cuisine Rice Cooker
312 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: