Question about HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Hi. My HP IQ770 TouchSmart will not stay powered on. Everything seems fine, all lights and fans on and I can get a disk into the CD drive (and eject it), but the unit only stays on for around 20 seconds before closing down - almost as if the power button has been held in. Have read lots about the Seagate hard drive issues, but this one is the 7200.10. It would make sense for it to be a HD issue, the screen appears to be fine and lights up white but with no content. Can anybody help?
Step 1: Disabling Automatically restart option to view error messages
1. You can prevent the computer from restarting by turning off the Automatically Restart option:
2. Click Start .
3. Right-click Computer , and click Properties
4. Click Advanced system settings .
5. Click the Advanced tab and select Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
6. Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure .
7. Click OK to close the Startup and Recovery window and click OK , again, and then close the System Properties window.
8. Restart the computer.
Check if it happens again
If it happens again do a hard drive scan(FULL)
Download the latest BIOS update from hp.com
Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft SATA disk driver solution
1. HP Vista computers that use the Microsoft SATA disk driver do not experience automatic restarts. If you updated your Windows XP computer to a Windows Vista capable computer using an HP upgrade solution, this Microsoft SATA disk driver is available to reinstall.
2. To reinstall the Microsoft SATA disk driver, follow the instructions below.
3. Click Start on the taskbar.
4. Click All Programs , PC Help & Support , and then select Recovery Manager to open the Recovery Manager window.
5. If prompted, click Continue .
6. Click Next to continue.
7. The next window asks if you want to perform a program recovery. Select No , and then click Next .
8. The next window asks if you want to perform a driver recovery. Select Yes , and then click Next .
9. Click Next again to continue.
10. Select Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller from the list of drivers, and then click Next . The reinstallation process takes a few seconds.
11.Click Finish to restart your computer.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2011 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Sep 24, 2010 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Jul 24, 2010 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Apr 17, 2010 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Mar 17, 2010 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Oct 26, 2009 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Jul 26, 2009 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Mar 15, 2009 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Feb 25, 2009 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
368 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: